Just Another Day!

Prompt by my twitter friend :
Throwback to VashmAy casual days when all they have to worry about them not their families. Set before their confession and date.

Last week has been very hectic for Uday, as he had his test match today. He didn't even get the chance to spend some quality time with his family and Vashma. They hardly met each other. Today also, he has been present on the field since 6 in the morning for practice as he have his match at 3 in the afternoon. He is dying to meet Vashma and tell how he is being praised by his coach sahab for playing good, he wants to show that he's trying to give his best since the day he has promised her to never leave hockey. He never said this to her, but she is the only driving force behind him pursuing his dream. That day when she went against her brother to challenge her own self, and performed kathak , he was shocked to see her crossing the lengths and boundaries just for him. He felt blood boiling inside him when Abrar hit her, but Vashma was unwavered. When someone is trying so hard for him, how can Uday dare to leave hockey. And sometimes it looks like, instead of him, she has dreamt about his selection more than Uday. He never got an ample chance of spending time with his mother, but Vashma is wholesome. She is everything , he would have craved for in his life. She is mischief, affection, passion, his daily medicine and a potential companion. She teases him like a friend, cares like a mother and loves like a..... Well, he will meet her tomorrow as today it is nearly impossible.

It was two in the afternoon, and all the players were given an hour break before the real match begins. Uday went inside the complex, to lay down for some time, it has been extremely tiring for him and his team mates today. He sat down on the bench in the lobby, his eyes were close and he laid back against the bench. Just then the next moment, he saw Vashma smilingly approaching him with her school bag on the back and as usual she was looking beautiful and cute both as she was adorned with kohled eyes and two braids.

"Oye mainu na khuli aankho se sapne aa rhe hain,, tu ek kaam kari, muje aadhe ghante bad utha dio mai so raha hu!" Uday said to his friend who was sitting beside him. Uday thought that he's dreaming about Vashma when she stood in front of him and said "oye hoye hoye hoye hoye!! Badi neend aa rhi hai tujhe aajkal, ke zinda insan bhi tujhe sapne lag rhe hain. Jaag jaa Uday Sahani, match haina tera aaj!" And Uday all the while just stared at her with open mouth.

"Mai apne sath mithai nhi laai, jo muh kholke beth gaya hai." she replied and her beautiful black eyes looked at him, and Uday's friend laughed aloud.

"Oye tu nikal yaha se,, badi hasi aa rahi hai tennu!" Uday reprimanded his friend who went off, but not before smirking. "Or tu yaha kese aai?"

"Khuda ne sab insaano ko do pair muft me hi dediye, to maine socha kuch fayda uthau inka. Haina sahi baat!"

"tere se koi jawab sidha sidha nhi dia jaata na!?" Uday held her face in his hands as he stood up tall. But Vashma pushed him back on the bench and placed herself beside her and said "arre tujhse itne dino se mulakaat hi nhi hui thi, to socha mai sidha yahi aa jati hu."

"Bhut changi gal kitti hai tu pehli baar!" he patted her head as he was delighted to see her. His tiredness was long gone. She every time comes with some positive energy that enlightens him in and out.

"oye pehli baar nhi, teri puri zindagi me sabse changi chiz mai hi hu ~ Vashma Baig. To chal ab keh Vashma tu dunia ki sabse.." she had her index finger moving in the air while talking but Uday held the same and put it on her lips. "Oye chup kar jaa!"

"Mai chup kr gyi na, us din saari dunia shant ho jani hai teri,, sochle" she raised her eyebrow but Uday went silent on realizing that indeed she is the center of his universe. "Acha chal ye bata ke kyu ni mila mujhse itne dino se? Or to or hockey kesi chal rhi hai?"