Dream come true!

Prompt : Vashma Wakes Up from Coma and the follow up. ( Her hairs are long, grown in my book )

Uday's happiness knew no bounds as finally, after spending more than one month without her chirrup, this morning Vashma opened her eyes. Uday knew that he would never forget what he felt today morning. A strange feeling of well being as if instead of her, it's him who has come to life.
A feeling of contentment and joy as if something was slipping by but he pulled it up somehow. As if all this time he was drowning in an ocean of unknown depth but he got saved. As if... As if he was a dead man walking in crowd but saw Vashma smiling at him from a distance.

"Vashma...ye tu kya kar rhi hai. Oye mai aa raha tha na tujhe kya zaroorat thi khud se khade hone ki..mai de deta paani." Uday said in a single line, for he saw her standing up on her own to get the jug of water placed on the table. He is still gripped by fear of losing her, Vashma sensed and smiled. She stared at her husband with admiration, her dark orbs oozing with utmost pride and warmth for the man standing in front of her, who doesn't care about anything but her. She placed her hand on his and made him stop pouring the water.
"Idhar dekh..!" She made him turn to her and for a second, Uday lost himself. She was the only one he could comprehend.
Vashma was there in front of him, all conscious, lively, looking beautiful even in non make up look. His wife is standing and looking back at him in all her glory, her hands holding the dupatta at place, her long wavy hairs coming at front, her dark eyes which were devoid of kohl - everything was pitch perfect. His Vashma looked perfect.
He held her face in his hands, Uday said "Tujhe ese dekhne ke liye hi to jee raha tha mai. Tu thik ho jaye ye din raat mannat maangi hai maine, kitna tujhe uthane ke liye koshishe ki..par.."

"Mai janti hu Uday, sab janti hu. Behoshi me bhi sirf tera hosh tha mujhe. Lag rha tha ke koi dur se awaz de raha hai..pr utne hi paas hath thame bhi betha hai..." Vashma's eyes could not conceal more and she finally broke into a heavy sob, tears streamed down her cheeks only to get wiped away immediately by her dear companion.

"Oye ab rona nhi hai Vashma.. aur ab to Kabir bhi mil gaya hai. Ab sab kuch changaa ho jana hai, ab sab sahi hoga." Uday uttered with a jitter in his voice because he knew it ain't that easy. It has never been a cake walk for Vashma and him - be it about their love confession, be it the acceptance of their love by their families, be it their brutal breakup, be it the partition and it's short comings. It has never been.

"Par humne sab paar kar lia. Kabir mil gya Uday bas use apna banana hai." Vashma read his mind and covered his worn out hands with her but Uday's reaction was priceless.
His eyes were moist but filled with satisfaction. Before Uday could wipe the lone tear, Vashma reached out and asked him with a questioning nod.

"Oye..tujhe pata hai, mere dil me, mere dimag me kya chal raha tha.. mujhe har kisi ko samjhana pad rhaa tha batana pad raha tha. Par aaj tu - yaha. Sahi salaamat khadi hai or meri kahi unkahi har gal jaan li tune oye. Dedh mahine se apne aansu khud ponch ponch kar thak gya tha.. or aaj tu.." Uday began crying and Vashma hugged him tightly. He engulfed a small height Vashma against his comparitively big body frame. Uday felt peaceful as he ran his hand through her long hairs. In no time, Uday took her to the bed, by carrying Vashma in his arms.