Drunk!

Prompt : A reminiscence turned reality. Continued after the precap.

A function similar to reception has been going on in Amrit and Veer's house to celebrate the newly wed couple though hardly anyone knows that they are neither happy nor wed. Apprehension, confusion and guilts are evident on almost all the faces present in the hall. Mogar, Bhanu, Amrit, Veer, Rani sa everyone.
And Uday? He has been drinking all the while as he sat at a distance from the main hall. A dance performance has been going on in there. While this time he is drinking by his own will, not like the last time when he accidentally got drunk. He's drinking because he doesn't know what to do. He isn't aware if the girl he met on the street is Vashma or not? When he asked her "Tu.. tu Vashma!?" She told her she isn't and went away leaving his hand she held.
But he can't buy her words. He can't mistake Vashma's eyes..! And voice..!? Never!! He knows she's in Delhi. But where?? The meeting, and it's conclusions have been driving him crazy and as a result he has drunk a lot of alcohol. Well one can't actually tell if he's inebriated by the alcohol or Vashma!

"Veerji..! Uday Veerji..! Bhut hogya. Kab tak piyenge..! Kya bauji, chacha ji khush honge aapko ese dekh kar?" Amrit said who came out from the main sitting to take care of her brother.
"Oye..Amru..! Mere ko Vashma Chaiye..!" He fumbled but Amrit's eyes only can spill tears seeing him like that. She eyed Veer to come to them.

"İse kya hua..!?" He asked.

"Mere veerji ki madad kijiye..inhe upar kisi kamre me aaram krne le jaayiye.." Amrit asked while silently crying.
"Oye maine nahi jaana kahi.." Uday yelled.

"Hmm..ruko!" Veer said as he saw Uday is not well. He asked a care taker to help Amrit and She took him to a guest room while Uday was constantly denying for the same. They made him sit on the bed and lay there.
Amrit after looking if he's comfortable or not, went down the stairs where, as she expected, Noor aka Vashma was performing in front of everyone. Her dance was about to end.

As Vashma completed her dance, she made an exit to change and take her belongings, afterall she has to head back to her cage ~ Kotha. She was walking to the room while Uday was trying to not fall in a fit to walk downstairs. Just like 4 years back..!

Vashma walked and as she entered, she held Uday who's about to fall at the door of the room. As she held him in her arms, An intoxicated Uday remembered the Beautiful past, When she held him similarly and he was all lost in her.

"Uday! Uday tune Sharab pi hai?" She asked him that day of conjuncture.

"Vashmaa...! Vashmaa...! Haa maine Sharab pi hai..! Teri aankhon se pi hai jhalliye..!" He answered without her questioning as this time Noor held him. Vashma didn't know what to do. He has seen her. Finally!! But what he was doing here.. in the room alloted to her?

"Uday!!" She managed to speak as he was constantly staring at her softly. She didn't know if she should be happy or not?
"Oye..! Oyee..! Sunna!! Tu to fir bhut khubsoorat lag rhi hai..! Chaar saalo me bhi tu...tu.." he was incoherent.
"Tu..utni hi haseen or kamaal lag rahi hai..!" He completed somehow.  

Vashma's cheeks turned red in shyness as he still finds her beautiful. He still don't mind what attire she's in!! But no..! This can't happen. So she made him sit on the bed and asked softly "yhi beth, or uthio mat!" As a response to which he nodded smilingly and said "tu kahe to jaan bhi dedu...!"

Vashma tried to ignore her tears and removed her heavy makeup while she could feel his eyes on her all the while and that made her job tough. Looking in the mirror is not easy when the love of your life stares at you constantly. Meanwhile he could not take in all of the gorgeousness she Holds... Her eyes hold. Her eyes have always been his weakness and only he knows how much he missed all of her. Her sharp features, her chirpy voice, her Scent, her every damn thing and most importantly he missed himself. She brings out the best in him and he missed that.

Uday got tricked by her beauty again As she left her tresses open finally which are now a little curled. He felt comforted when she came to him and sat in front of him. He was still smiling.
"Oye tujhe pataa hai Vashma..! Tujhe kitnaa yaad kia maine..! Jaan..ye jaan  kadh layi si tune meri.."

"Haa janti hu..! Sab janti hu..." She breathed heavily as he was now holding her hands. His touch was inebriating her too.

"Oye tune...! Mere ko..apne Uday ko ik vaari bhi dhundhne ki koshish nhi ki?" And to her shock he broke down in tears. Uday's tears Trailed down his face as he sniffed and cried noisely.

"İtne mote mote aansu? Kuch pagla gaya hai?" She smiled With sad eyes to make him smile.

"Ha. Mai thik nhi hu Vashma..! Nhi hu mai thik..! Tu..tu kaha thi?" He uttered while weeping as he put his head against their hand hold. And this completely broke her within. How cruel destiny has been with them!? Every single time it has been cruel, testing their patience to no end. Why them? Are they this star crossed? Vashma thought to herself as she wiped his tears.

"Mai bhi kuch bhut changii nhi hu tere binaa..!" She said but as a reaction to her, he stood up and said "oye.. maine jaane...nhi dena tujhe kahi ab...!" He fumbled and simultaneously tripped.

"Uday..!" Vashma took hold of a standing him and went down the memory lane when last time the same happened.

"Oye sau lage rab Di man to kia ke jaake uska  hath tod du.." his words crossed her mind. He was unhappy with her bhaijaan and that was the very moment when she heard the most precious line from her Uday.

"Oye Vashma..! Oye ek baat kahu.. oye Tu na.. is jahan ki sabto changii kudi hai..." His exact phrase brought Vashma back to reality. Yes he said it again. Yet again. After four long years. She heard it right. Her Uday called her Sab to changii kudi. And just like the old times, she can't help but blush and smile ear to ear. Uday as usual kept gazing at his Moon. His Vashma.

_____________

"Veerji? Uday Veerji??" Uday heard Amrit calling out to him. His head seemed very heavy as he tried to stand up and look upto her.

"Amrit..! Vashma..Vashma kaha hai?" He asked while Amrit was suppressing her tears to keep her promise.

"Vashma mil jaegi veerji. Aap chinta naa karo..! Pr abhi vo yaha nhi hai, yaha nhi thi vo." She managed to lie. Vashma left an hour ago telling her to take care of Uday as he's drunk.

"So raha hai..! Pata nhi yaha is kamre me kese aagya tha..! Tu dhyan rakhio Amrit or mere baare me puche to kehdio ise ke isne koi khwaab dekha hoga! Or nasha nhi karne dio ise aaj ke bad." Vashma told her best friend before leaving.

"Ye nasha to nhi krne dungi..pe jo tera nasha hai use kese rokegi Vashma? Jo sharab inhone teri mohobbat me pi hai vo har din sar chadh kar bolegi! Tu mujhe aaj rok legi Vashma pr Uday veerji ne tujhe dhundh lenaa hai. Ye nashe me nhi tere Ishq me dhutt hain. Sambhal sake to sambhal lio..!" Amrit stated the fact.

✨"Kaash mai apni baaki ki saari zindagi tere seene se lag ke guzar lu, kaash ye ehsaas kabhi kam hi na ho"✨

_____________

"Paimaana kahe hai koi maikhana kahe hai
Duniya teri aankhon ko bhi kya kya na kahe hai?"
A/N : who else got reminded of this song while reading this?
Well do drop your views on this super quick one shot!