not fair

C H A P T E R 3 5

"Rhyker what you've done was bad! How dare you do a background check even for me?!" I exclaimed in anger as I narrowed my eyes at him.

We were in his office and no we are not here to take a bite of a cake, I'm here to scold him and ask him why did he do a background check? It was unnecessary.

"Hemilia, every royal member needs to be protected, I did it because you were that person that I found years ago." He replied calmly while looking at his paper with his glasses. He doesn't show any care for this massive problem.

"Alright forget about me but did you have to do with my friends, that's why you are fine with Justin being my friend?" I asked sarcastically with quoting airs.

"Commander Camélia told us already that she has a boyfriend which was him, I didn't mind it but if it was any random male then as always I will do a background check or give them a piece of my mind." He explained.

What?

"That's why you hit Thomas?!" I shouted at him, I know I'm disobeying the rules, but you can't just do that because you are only jealous. That's not even a valuable reason.

"Who the fuck is Thomas?" He frowned.

"He's my friend." I spat out with a smirk on my face, I'm too pissed at him.

"You don't have friends that are named Thomas." He rolled his eyes, of course, now he thinks I'm lying. It's not my fault that he doesn't remember anything, stupid asshole. I should diagnose him and see if he has any Alzheimer disease.

"I do have friends when I was Yerilin."

"Okay, please, can you leave me alone. I have work." He sighed deeply as he typed in his laptop.

"Not before you grant me permission to leave the country." I said, strictly.

"What the fuck?" He stopped what he was doing and looked at me sternly, he sighed deeply and put down the glasses he was wearing. I would find him so fucking hot with those glasses, but I was pissed right now. 

"I want to meet my parents and since the laboratory is in lockdown, I want to meet my other friends Thomas and Hévéa."

It's been months since I haven't met them, I guess I was too busy focusing on my work that I didn't have the time to talk with them. The last call with Thomas and Hévéa was maybe two weeks ago.

"Absolutely not. Raphael is regaining his energy, you have to work by then." He refused.

I chuckled and crossed my arms.

"My boss is Raphael, not you, you are just the man who lives here and I work here." I stated with irony.

"I am also Raphael's boss, which means I can always tell him to not grant permission for his intern. Remember, I was the person who brought you back because he wanted you as an intern." He said coldly, irritated.

So I'm only here because Raphael wanted me as an intern and not him. Great, that just made me doubt our relationship.

"Hemilia, please, I have so much work. Baby, I promise we will talk about this." He said, in a pleading tone, he also has the power to make me feel guilt as well.