nomination

C H A P T E R 1 8

H E M I L I A

This can't be happening!

I can't be there with them, because I'm only an intern and that would be disobeying the rules, also I'm not even experienced.

"Who is refusing their nomination?" Roman asked with his loud voice, earning silence from everyone. Nobody dares to go against the future king decision, I guess I will be the first one in history to go against him.

I lifted my hand up, glaring at the podium, "I'm refusing my nomination."

Everyone turned toward me with a baffled face, my supervisor glared at me. I looked at Thomas who shook his head frantically from the podium, he doesn't know the history between the prince and me, but he does know that I'm a stubborn woman who will not give up. I won't just let Rhyker do whatever he wants with me, even though he's a royal member.

Dr Poter, the man who treated me just like his daughter, warned me with his eyes to not make any scene. Any scene that could be considered as humiliation like going against the royal orders is shameful. 

"Hemilia Gran, what is your purpose of refusing the future king proposition?" Roman asked me, his eyes are trying to find any answers, but I won't let him show it.

I felt his deep eyes staring at me as if his eyes are boring into my soul deeply. I took a deep breath and stood up confidently, Hévéa widened her eyes and tried to sit me down, but I can't let her do that. I need to face him directly and tell him my ideas. 

"I'm only an intern, your royal highness, I'm afraid that I won't be useful to the kingdom. If it's possible, I would like you to choose another magical physician who is more experienced and amazingly skilled than me." I said, staring at his hazel eyes. I can't decipher what he's feeling or thinking about but he might be considering his choices, feeling mercy. 

Suddenly he smirked, his eyes full of mischievous and a playful smirk on his face. He looked at Thomas and beckoned for him to come closer.

"What is he going to do?" Hévéa whispered to me, I can't reply to her question when I don't even know the answer as well.

Thomas nodded slowly with fear on his face as he walked to Rhyker.

"Kneel."

Thomas does what he said and let his head down, Rhyker smirked and signalled to Roman who cleared his throat loudly, catching everyone attention. 

"If Hemilia Gran doesn't accept her nomination, Thomas Poter will receive backlash for his crime that he committed last week in public." He declared, making my eyes widened in fright and fear. What did he do to commit such a crime? From what I know, he's someone nice and polite. 

"Thomas Poter, you will be punished because of sleeping with a married woman." Roman stated making us gasp, what the heck?

Thomas isn't the person to sleep with people, last week we went to a party in secrets that the government caught us. We escaped and forgot Thomas who said that he will be having fun. He was in a secret relationship with a woman who was married to another man who is the Duke of Yerilin by force. It was a forced marriage, the woman didn't even want to be with this old man who was 50, the large age gap was the reason why she didn't want to be with him and also the fact that he had two other wives, it means that she will be his concubine.