The Attic

When I was back in hight school, one of my best friends loved stones, fortune tellings, and whatnot. I never really looked much into it, but still went along with her beliefs when she would give me a reading or some stone to manage my stress. 

What I didn't think was that her crazy rituals and premonitions would be dangerous, and could possibly kill me...

I tend to recall that this all became scary around half way though my last year in high school. She would always tell me about how so and so was going to die today, or fail an exam, or loose someone dear. Of course I didn't believe her. Until she started getting really personal. At first it started with people of the class. Little things like, your boyfriend is going to break up with you, or even your best friend knows a secret and his mad at you for keeping it from her. Hardly a coupe of hours after she warned me, the people involved would always proceed to come up to me and do or say exactly what she had predicted. 

At this point, it had all started to get too weird for me to handle. And so little by little, I distanced myself from her. For a couple of weeks, everything was fine and I didn't hear from her in a while. 

Until she appeared right when I closed my locker, causing me to jump in fear. 

"I know you've been avoiding me." she said. "And tonight you will pay for it. Today you will die." And just like that she was gone. Without another word or even an explanation. 

Her words where getting to me, and I couldn't stop thinking about those three sentences. Only three sentences. Funny how they can change a life. Because of my history with her in the past, I knew better then to just ignore and if I'm being honest, I was really scared. I looked around every door and corner in the halls, I looked in the back of my car before getting in, I checked all the rooms of my house when I arrived home. I could go on really, but I'm pretty sure you want to get to the good part. 

That night, a  Friday night, I was sitting on my bed doing some home work, my parents being away at work, when suddenly I heard a crash come from their bedroom. I didn't think anything of it at first, but then the crashes started to get persistent... So I decided to go and check. Bad decision. 

When I stepped into their room, I started to hear a faint ringing. But I knew it wasn't just in my head, but more like I quiet humming. What sounded like a young girl. 

And did I run downstairs and call the cops or even just my parents? Of course not. I stood there like an idiot and started investigating to find out where this strange noise was coming from. 

When I didn't find anything lurking around, I started calling out to whatever was there, because I knew there was something. I could practically feel it now! 

After a couple of minutes of me greeting the void, I finally heard an answer. I very faint answer, but an answer none the less, "Hi?", the voice said. 

Now, I normal person would have sprinted out of the house by now, knowing that some stranger was in their house whilst they where home alone, but to me. No I actually sat on the band and started to have a conversation with this young girl. 

At first it was really nice, I got to know quite a bit about her. I found out that she was indeed deceased, 8 years old, and died from cancer. But then things started to get sa little strange. At some point, I simply asked her how she was and she answered bad. So out of politeness I apologized, since I tend to apologize for everything these days, and she actually said, "Don't do it again." I was confused since I hadn't done anything, but she started to get more and more upset. I could hear the friendliness suddenly leaving her voice.

Then I asked her where she is and she answered my attic. I hadn't even noticed, but I had started walking around my parents room, putting away close as I talked to this mystery girl. And now, as I looked up, I realized that I just happened to be in their walk in closet where the attic was also situated, I looked up exactly at the moment when she said: "You better watch out. It would be a shame if your parents where to find their beautiful daughter reads in their room...". 

My hand slowly started to reach for the door, which I didn't even notice had closed, when I heard a creaking. I looked up terrified. The closet door had no intensions of opening and I could see the attic lath moving. 

Tears threatened to burst out at any moment when suddenly, my mom came back home from work. All of a sudden, the creaking stopped and the door finally opened, letting me to get out, sprint down the stairs and jump into my mothers arms. 

I don't even know what would have happened that day if my mom didn't come back home and I don't want to know. But hopefully I could finally move on about this terrifying story by writing it down. 

As for my scary murder friend for hight school. I've never seen her since that day and trust me. I have no intentions on doing so. 

A-N: honestly I had so much fun writing this, like I just finished in hardly an hour... ngl, kinda proud I think this is one of my favorites and I hope y'all liked it too. kk good night now guys. byeeeee :) Xx