Possessed Doll

Lucy's uncle and aunt owned an old house in the country and every year, her whole family would get together to celebrate Thanksgiving. Not only that, but Lucy's birthday was also at the same time. All the cousins would exchange gifts and have an amazing time.

On one particular year, Lucy's grandmother could not make it to the gathering, so she decided to send her granddaughters' gift my mail.

When Lucy woke up on the day of her birthday, she went downstairs to see her mother waiting for her with a gift. She told her daughter that it was indeed her grandmother who had sent it. Lucy excitedly ripped open the present but was absolutely disgusted at what she found inside.

Her grandmother had given her a doll. But not just any kind of doll, an extremely ugly one. The skin had cracks that were filled with dirt, the hair tangled, and sticking out in various angles. An eye and some limbs were also missing.

Lucy screamed and pitched the doll to the ground, not wanting anything to do with it. Her mother scolded her and reminded her that even if the doll was indeed ugly, someone had gotten through a lot of trouble to get her that doll and she should at least be grateful.

On various occasions, Lucy tried to get rid of the doll, but her mother always caught her sneaking around, and brought it right back up to her room.

After days, and days of begging, Lucy finally convinced her mom to keep the doll under the stairs. Her mother finally accepted and so the doll went.

Even though the doll was not in her room with her to stared her down at night, she could still feel its presence everywhere she went. One night, she heard some shuffling and what sounded like some scratching coming from the bottom of the stairs. Lucy was absolutely petrified and could not stop staring at the staircase that was right in front of her bedroom.

The next day, she tried telling her mom how scared she was and what had happened the previous night, but she was not having it. Her mom told her that she was just being paranoid and that it was just her imagination playing tricks on her. She was convinced that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the doll.

That night, Lucy asked her mom if she could keep all the lights on. Of course, her mother refused once again, because she claimed to not be able to fall asleep if they did.

That night, as Lucy was trying to fall asleep, she heard the same noises, that she had heard the previous night. The only thing that was different this time, is that she also heard a strange voice that resembled the one of a child who says, "Lucy, I'm on the fourth step." While stretching out every word.

She lay silently, almost certain that the voice belonged to the doll. Once she woke up, Lucy rushed downstairs and told her all about the restless night she had.

Once again, her mother brushed her daughters' acclamations, and on that third night, Lucy heard the voice say again, "Lucy, I'm on the eighth step." The young girl knew very well, in her head, that there was no way that there was just her imagination.

Once again, like all the times before, Lucy told her mother her theory, but at this point, her mom was so fed up that she just ignored what her daughter was saying altogether. "I swear this is going to be the death of me..." Lucy quietly said to herself as she sadly returned upstairs to her room, disappointed that her mother didn't believe her own daughter.

On the fourth and final night, Lucy lay in her bed, praying that she wouldn't hear the dolls' voice again, knowing where it would be if it traveled four steps at a time.

"Lucy," the voice seemed to be mocking her at this point, "I'm on the top step."

The next morning, Lucys' body was found at the bottom of the stairs. Her body was twisted in abnormal ways and her neck was broken. Laying next to the deceased girl was none other but the doll.

While the funeral arrangements were being made for the young, dead, girl, her mother claimed that Lucy loved the doll so much and wouldn't go anyway without it. And so it was buried in the ground alongside the girl.

Even in the afterworld, after her death, Lucywould never be able to escape the possessed doll. 

A-N: Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well! This story is actually inspired by my aunt and uncle's house that was in Sutton. It was really creepy and old but I still loved it cause it's where I have all my childhood memories. :) Sadly they sold it, but at least I won't be scared that one of the dolls in that house is going to kill me. Anyway, have a nice day or night. Byeeeeee (also I just finished editing and I didn't realize how much I repeat myself...