Haunted House

There once was a young couple that had just recently gotten married, and were now searching for a place to stay that was nice and comfortable, but also not too expensive.

As they were searching the web they managed to find a decent place that they could rent. So they decided to book a viewing of the house for the next day. They had read some weird reviews but they didn't look too much into it. There would always be weird comments no matter what, and this house was the only one they could afford, they didn't really have a choice...

-The next day-

Once the couple arrived at the house the following day, it looked a little bit more run down than it did in the images. The couple agreed that that didn't really matter, and figured that there was nothing that a couple of renovations couldn't fix.

As they walked in, the owner, Mrs. Harper greeted them and led them to all of the different rooms. Once the tour was over, she told them the one and only rule that she had. And it was quite simple. If you're in the main hallway past midnight, never look up, or the ghost of the previous owner, with long black hair will appear over you and suck the life out of you. 

They laughed it off, thinking she was joking, and agreed to rent the place for a month until they could find someplace better. 

-About a week later.-

Since nothing strange had happened in the house yet, the couple figured they were right and that the old lady was indeed, just trying to scare them that day. They had just finished getting settled in and decided that weekend, that it would be a good idea to host a party with a couple of their close friends.

On that Saturday, everything was going as planned, and the guests were finally starting to file in, little by little. It was only later during the night, that the wife noticed they were running out of drinks. She couldn't seem to find her husband and so made her way to the kitchen alone. 

As she was walking down the hallway, she discovered where her husband was. He was pushed up against the wall, making out with some other girl she hadn't even remembered inviting. He didn't even notice that his wife had seen him until she shoved him so hard that he fell backward straight to the floor. She was already in a blind rage, and it certainly didn't help that her husband said absolutely nothing as she yelled at him and treated him all kinds of names. All he could do was stare at her in utter horror

"Well say something!" she screamed at him again. 

"Honey, I know you're mad at me right now, but there's something on the ceiling. I don't think that lady was lying..." he finally said.

"Oh shut up ass hole! Out of all things you could possibly say to me right now, you mention ghosts?! They don't even exist you idiot. Oh, and by the way, we're over. I never should of married you in the first place. " she threw her wedding ring at him as he was slowly starting to back away.

"If you don't believe me, just look up yourself," he said, with a mischievous smile creeping on his face.

Wanting to prove her point, she looked up, exasperated with this man, but of course, as she did so, she saw a huge dark shadow looming above her, getting closer and closer.

She didn't even have time to scream for help, because before she knew it, her soul was sucked out of her body, left motionless in that hallway ever since. This really was her worst night ever.