Click, Clack, Slide

A.-N. So I guess the ending is kind of gory, so this a warning for those people who don't like blood, but it's not that bad, I promise. Also, if you're reading this, I guess blood doesn't affect you...

There once was a frightening rumor spreading around the world about a strange human like being who would kill whoever dared to stay up past six pm. It was said to resemble a young girl with long black hair and that had lost all her limbs, except her arms. You would always be aware when she was following you, hearing the sound that her body and nails maid against the pavement, click, clack, slide.

One night, as a family with a ten-year-old daughter where finishing up supper, the girl had asked if she could go to the nearest department, that was only 5 minutes away, to get some milk since they had run out that morning. At first, her parents hesitated, but ended up accepting since it was only 5.30 and figured that she would be back on time.

The young girl then quickly started making her way, since she did not want to be late. Unfortunately, the first store had also run out of milk. And so started to make her way to the next store, who just a small block away, she tried reassuring herself. Frustrated, she realized that the second store had decided to close early today since it was getting closer and closer to six o'clock. Although she was getting very nervous, the little girl figured that if she had already gotten this far, one more block could not hurt. So, she strated making her way for a third and final time. Relieved, she got her milk and started walking back to her house.

For the first half of her walk, she figured that if the urban legend were real, she would have already been dead by then since it was already 15 minutes past six.

It was only when she was halfway home when she started hearing a strange noise. At first she thought it might only be the wind. But it was clear after a while that she was hearing the unbearable scratching that all parents had warned their kids about.

Click, clack, slide.

Click, clack, slide.

Click, clack, slide.

Each time the sound growing faster and louder, and when she looked back, she didn't see anything.

Once she finally spotted her house, she dashed through it, bagging on the door one she arrived, although it did not budge. Of course, it did not. It was clearly passed six o'clock and her mother had looked the doors like everyone else did.

Even though her fingers where shaking, she still managed to continue slamming on the door. That is when she finally saw it. She looked back and saw the hideous monster that everybody talked about.

Click, clack, slide.

Click, clack, slide.

Click, clack, slide.

Still no answer at the door. Of course not. Why would there be?

Each time the young girl looked back, the creature seemed to be getting closer and closer by the second and was now at the top of the stairs. She banged and banged, praying for somebody, anybody at all, to open the door and lead her back to safety.

But of course, no one did, and sooner then later, it was too late.

The next day, when her mother finally opened the door, she found the decapitated head of her young only child laying in a puddle of blood with a note saying, "You should have opened the door earlier."