The Elevator Shaft

There once was a man named Danny who lived in an old complex building in New York City. He always had the same routine, go to work in the mornings at 7 and then return around 6 and take the elevator to head back to his apartment and have supper. No earlier and no later. 

One night, after a long days work, he arrived at the building only to find a huge ground gathering right outside its doors. As he approached he noticed that not only where there people, but there was also a couple of cops and an ambulance. When he asked a lady what had happened, she just gave him a sad look in response and moved away for him to see for himself.

As he came closer to the door, he noticed a body bagged was being pulled out of the building. Once he finally managed to return to his apartment, he started watching the news and finally found out what had happened.

Early this morning, a guy had dared his friend to go on top of the elevator shaft. Nobody knew why the hell someone would do that or how it was even possible to go there, but when he announced that he was scared somebody would come in, is friend simply said that he would take a guard and make sure that nobody did. Of course that was a lie. Just when his friend was on top of it, the guy got a phone call and went to take it down the hall.

Although, what he didn't know was that somebody was coming to take the elevator to go up and  his friend hadn't had time to get off from on top of it. As the unexpected couple went in the elevator, it rose up and sadly crushed the little boy that was on top of it, killing him instantly. 

Now, people say that he haunts that old elevator shaft, but of course some people don't believe in legends. As did Danny.

_______________________________________________________________________________

A week after the terrible incident, his sister came and dropped off her daughter for him to babysit since she had a job interview. He accepted. When the girl asked if she can go visit her friends he said no since he didn't want anything bad happening to her. Since she couldn't leave, she told him that she was going to just walk around the appartement building. At first he though it was strange since there is nothing great about it anyway, but he let her go. 

The young fifteen year old, Sasha, had just walked in front of the two elevators when she though she heard a voice coming from one of them. At first she just continued on walking cause it could be anyone but when she listened closely the voice seemed to be calling out to her, 

"Help..."

"Help."

"Help!"

Each time the voice growing louder and stronger. When the doors opened, she didn't see anyone inside, so she stepped in to go back to her uncle's appartement. The higher she got, the clearer the voice got. It was really started to creep her out and she just wanted to get out of there the fastest possible. 

All of a sudden, there was silence. Sasha was incredibly relieved and figured that it was indeed just her imagination. 

Suddenly, a crash. The elevator stopped. The lights went out, and all was dark. In a flash of light, she saw bony fingers coming from the top of the elevator. She screamed and pounded onto the elevator door for someone, anybody! 

But as people walked in front of it, hearing the gut wrenching screams, they just lowered their heads in sadness and continued walking. They knew there was nothing to do as the little boy as he claimed yet another victim.