Bloody Mary

"Come on! Can we please tell each other ghost stories? Please?" Bailey whined.

"No!" the two other girls responded for the tenth time. 

"I'm sorry, but who agreed that we should invite her?" Rachel asked, laughing.

"You know what? I have a story." Tory claimed, trying to break the tension that seemed to be growing during the past week. Nobody said anything, so she figured she would go on with her tale. After all, no one seemed to have any better idea. 

"So there once was a young girl living in a lonely house with her sister, isolated from the rest of the world. Unlike other sisters, these two would never get along. They practically hated each other! The youngest sister was called Mary, and the other one, Rose. The two girls had very little memory as to who their parents were. They didn't even know what had happened to them. One day they were there, and the next, they were gone. Now you would say that at least they had each other. But that definitely wasn't the case either. You see, ever since Mary was a little girl, she would always compete with her sister. Of course Rose wasn't any more help. She would always tell Mary that she would never be as pretty as her. Never be as popular as her. Never be as smart as her. Never be as successful as her. She would never be anything. She would tell Mary that she is practically good for nothing, and would be better off dead. This made Mary become a very self-conscious person. She couldn't even stand looking at her reflection in the mirror, until one day, a terrible accident happened. Mary died. She had mysteriously fallen off the cliff her house was on. Nobody ever found her body, but legend has it, that she is trapped in the realm of mirrors, waiting to finally get revenge on her sister."

"Oh my God! That story isn't even good! We've all heard it  like ten thousand times!" Bailey once again whined, never satisfied with what she gets. 

"Can you ever just shut up?" Rachel snapped, "It's not that damn hard! No kidding you're flunking literally every class there ever was! You can't even grasp the simple knowledge of how to not talk!" Let's just say that that finally shut up Bailey once and for all. 

"Anyways..." Tory awkwardly said, "That's not the only part of the story. You cut me off before I could even finish!" 

"Fine then!" Bailey said, "Enlighten me!"

"As I was saying..." Tory continued, annoyed. "Legend has it, that if you ever go in front of the mirror at midnight, and chant her name thirteen times, she will appear behind you. Then she will slowly wrap her hands around your neck to slowly suffocate you to death."

"Wow... scary!" Bailey sarcastically said. "A depressed lonely bride appears in a mirror. So terrifying!"

"You know what? If you're so damn brave why don't you go ahead and try it for yourself?" Rachel taunted, standing up for Tory. 

"What no way! You go first." Bailey's confidence seemed to have vanished into thin air...

"Actually, I will!" And without another word,  Rachel stormed off into the bathroom while the two other girls awkwardly stood outside the closed door, waiting for something, anything to go wrong. 

Suddenly, I scream pierced through the wretched silence and the two girls rushed into the bathroom, to find Rachel, only she wasn't alone. 

"Oh my God, it's bloody Mary!" Bailey stated crying once she realized that even though she was still standing up, Rachel's head was loosely hanging, her neck black and purple from bruises...

Before any of the two remaining girls could manage to make a sound, bloody Mary leaped towards them and everything went dark.