Alarm Clock

I don't know why but for some reason I just couldn't fall asleep. It was midnight and my parents had already gotten to bed after watching much of our favorite show but I was still wide awake. 

As I tossed and turned for the longest time, I noticed a sound coming from somewhere in the house. Of course, this just made it even more difficult to fall asleep but I tried until I heard a much more obvious sound, this time coming from my room. 

I tried ignoring it the best I could, I really did but it was getting harder and harder to ignore by the minute. Soon there was even scratching clearly coming from my walk-in closet.  

I kept telling myself that it was nothing, at least I wanted to believe it, but as I finally dared to look up at the door, it slowly became to creek open. Very, very slowly. 

First a hand. A big slimy hand with long, sharp nails came out along with a pair of two glowing red eyes. 

I looked away as fast as I could but it was too late. Whatever had been hiding in there, came out faster than I can even blink and jumped onto me. As if to suck my soul.

And I woke up. Petrified and sweaty, I looked around my room, glad to see no life-sucking monster. 

I turned to look at the clock and was annoyed that it only read 11.59. For a moment I thought about a deja vu and soon realized what it was when my alarm clock struck 12 and I heard my closet door slowly opening.