In The Shadows

Since I have braces, I constantly need to make sure that I did everything just right and that I didn't forget to do any of the steps like putting in these tiny, little, annoying elastics. 

One night after school, after I had just finished the days' diary entry, I went to bed pretty early but only about twenty minutes later, I realized that I had indeed forgotten to put in my elastics. My eyesight had not yet adjusted to the darkness and so I struggled as I tried making my eye across my room without waking up my parents. 

You know when you just have a strange feeling that you're being watched? But then just shake it off cause you're probably just paranoid and then it goes away? Well, that's exactly how I felt. Although I have to say, it's a lot scarier when you are in the pitch dark instead of in you're bathroom in broad daylight surrounded by your family. 

All this to say that I had the worst feeling ever that somebody was lurking in the shadows and watching me. Just any second now and it would come out with its long dark hair and its contorted fingers reaching out for my throat. 

I was getting frustrated and coulndn't find the small package so I just abonded my searches and went to bed. As I turned around to head back to sleep and crawl under the warm sheets, a freezing cold gush of hair rushed passed me and suddenly the tempurter dropped a couple of degrees. Of course, all the thoughts of there being a ghost rushed to my mind, but I tried pushing them away, telling myself that it was due to me turning very fast. And so I practically ran to my bed and before you know it, I had drifted off dreaming about the following day.

Of course it does not end here. I have a very bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night and then can't fall back asleep because of all the noise I hear. 

I reached to my night table to grab a book that I had been reading at the time to help me fall asleep faster, only to find a cold and clamy hand already there waiting for me. I shriked as I tried to pull my hand away but it was too late. Whatever that beast was, it was already dragging me under the bed to my doom. 

Honestly, I didn't think that I was going to make it. I just kept telling myself that this was it. I can even bring myself to explain how horrific this thing was. All I can say is taht it was definitely not human. 

I wondered why nobody was coming to my help. My parents where only one room down the hallway and yet neither of them had at least come to check what the hell the noise was. And I though I had protective parents. 

It felt as if it where hours that I had been stuck in this monsters clutched. It was bitting and tearing at my skin and I knew that I wasn't going to last much longer. 

But suddenly, I a brief moment, I spotted an opportunity and manged to wrench myself free. Hardly five seconds passed and my father and mother barged through my bedroom door. It was about time. Parents, all there to bother you when you're busy but never when you actually need them. 

They asked me if I was okay and of course I said yes. I wasn't about to tell them what had just happened. They would probably think I'm crazy and send me to a psych ward. Instead, I just said that I had fallen of my bed, grabbed at my night stand and that it had fallen ontop of me. 

My mother left, not really caring honestly. But as my father left, and as I myself catched a last glimpse of his face, I could of sworn that it was the face of the monster underneath my bed. 

Now the only question left is did I truly escape the creature?