Nightmares Get Worse - Peter Maximoff

Peter Maximoff x reader

Logan x (like) daughter reader

Warnings : none

Word count : 1,047

Summary: reader has sleeping issues, logan comes back and helps her with them

Author's Note: Kinda an AU

******************************************************************

"Y/n you need to talk to Charles about it" Peter insisted

"No, I don't" Y/n yelled back trying to beat Peter down the stairs.

"Well you should" he yelled back before sighing and speed down the stairs. He is in front of her before she could even reply.

"Peter I love you, I do but they're not gonna just go away by talking about them." Y/n sighed moving her hands to cup his cheeks. She gives him a tight-lipped smile, but he could see the disappointment in her eyes at the thought of how nothing seems to help get rid of them.

"I know but maybe he could help." All Peter wanted to do was help the girl he loves. He loves her more than anything even more than Twinkies. Peter sighed and Y/n leaned down an kissed his cheek before stepping down the rest of the stairs and wandering to who knows where.

Peter stood there at the end of the stairs trying to think of anything he hasn't tried yet to help Y/n in any way he can.

"Peter" Charles greeted the silver-haired boy

"Hey" Logan said giving the speedster a nod

"Logan, Charles" Peter greeted back before moving to stand in front of Charles but before he could say anything only open his mouth

Charles held his hand up before giving Peter a tight smile. "Look, Peter, as much as I would love to help her. I can't. Not without her permission and honestly what she's going through I don't think anything can really help."

Peter grabbed his head in frustration "Well then, what can I do to help her?"

Before Charles could suggest something to the young man Logan spoke up "help who?"

"y/n" Peter answered Logan

"Why does y/n need help?" Logan asked not even trying to hide the concern in his tone. It's no secret that Logan is like a father to the young woman.

"She's not sleeping." Charles stated

"She's not sleeping cause every time she sleeps she has nightmares about wherever you two were kept. And I guess they must really be terrifying cause now she's sleep depriving herself to get anyway from them." Peter spoke fast. It's obvious to the two older men that he is stressing and extremely worried about the y/h/c-ed girl.

"What she remembering?" Logan asked quickly, hoping that she might have remembered a clue to where they were.

"Just bits and pieces" Peter sighed for what felt like the hundredth time since he woke up that day

Charles knew that what Logan was really asking deep down "She's not remembering anything good. Just pain, torture, and whatever they did to strengthen you two."

Peter suddenly felt like he had been away from y/n for to long. He kept glancing around till suddenly he saw Bobby and Rogue walking towards them. "Bobby do you know where y/n went?"

"Her and John are playing with their powers on the couch. Again." Bobby told him pointing back to the room they just left.

"Thanks" Peter let out in a breath "well, it was nice seeing you Logan." he patted him on the shoulder before leaving the two alone

Charles directed Logan towards his office. Moving around to sit at it. The professor sighed wishing he could do something more for the two. Find out more.

"I'm sorry Logan but I haven't found out anything more."

Logan nodded in understanding, but disappointed with not much to go on what can you expect "I found where the place was, or at least I think."

"Well, that's a step closer." Charles said trying to give some hope back into Logan

"But not very helpful" he mumbled angerly. Logan let out a big sigh before rubbing his forehead he looked up at the professor. "Hows y/n been with remembering?"

"She hasn't remembered enough to help," Charles told him with a long sigh knowing that's what Logan wanted to know.

"Only the bad stuff in other words" he sighed

"Her nightmares are increasing equally in terror and amount of." Charles explained with obvious sadness in his voice and on his face.

"Peter seems incredibly worried about them. About her." he pointed out. Charles could tell by the look on his face that Logan is trying to not show how worried he actually is.

"He is. He cares about her, loves her actually but he hasn't told her yet. Not officially at least." the professor smiled thinking of the two young adults that are completely in love with the other.

"Not officially?" Logan asked confused

"They say it but not how they truly mean it" Charles chuckled thinking about it

"Do you have a spare room? Maybe I should stay abit. Maybe help out y/n. With the nightmares." he asked sitting up

"I think I might have a room. She could use you here. Your like a father to her, you being here to help her through what's going on could make a big difference." Charles told him seriously.

^ ^ ^

"Hey kid" Logan greeted y/n and Peter as he entered the room and leaned against the nearest wall.

"Logan! Oh my god! What are you doing here?" y/n spoke excitedly running over to him and hugging him

"Came back to find more out." he admitted looking her in the eyes as they pulled away Logan can see the fear in her eyes. Granted it came as soon as it went, Logan decided maybe he should say more "and I'm thinking of staying for a while."

"Really?" Peter and y/n asked at the same time

"Yeah. I missed ya." Logan stated bringing her back into a hug

Then another student called y/n over. She gave her father figure another squeeze before heading over to the student.

"Your staying for her, aren't you?" Peter asked but said in more of a statement way standing next to the wolverine.

"Yeah" he replied crossing his arms, watching y/n with the other students.

"This'll help." Peter stated

"How do you know?" Logan asked the speedster

"Cause I know her." he smiled at him before heading over to his girl. Leaving Logan to watch both of them, thinking about what Peter said.