Lighter - John Allerdyce/Pyro

John/Pyro x reader

Jean & Scott x daughter reader

Warnings: none

Word count: 580

Summary: John giving you his lighter to let you know he'll be back for you when he can

Authors Note:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"You're leaving with them. Aren't you." y/n stated though the sentence sounded more like a question. As she leaned in the doorway of his room where he is packing a backpack of clothes.

"y/n" John sighed sadly looking at his girl with sorry eyes

"Its ok. I get it." y/n nodded, mirroring his expression as he walked over to her. Grabbing her waist and pulling her to him, more into the room.

"I'm sorry. You know I don't want to leave you, right?" John asked looking her in the eyes. Hoping she could see and feel how he doesn't want to leave her side. Doesn't want to leave the love of his life.

"Yeah, yeah I know. . . You know I can't go with you, right? I would love to, and I am more on Magneto's side. Needing to make things happen instead of waiting for things to happen on their own but-" she gave a sad shaky breath, holding on to his arms for comfort.

"But your parents are here. You don't want to be against them. I understand. You're close with them and if you left with me it would just hurt you." John cut in. He knew how close she is with her parents. And even though they didn't like them together at first, he knows they are important to her.

"I really do want to go with you though. I love you, and I would but-" y/n moved her hands to wrap them around his shoulders.

"No buts sweetheart. If you come with me your gonna hurt you and your parents. And if you don't its gonna hurt you and me to be apart. Y/n, I love you and want you to come with me. But you can't." he pulled her closer to him. John knows this choice will hurt both of them, but he can't put her against her parents. No matter how much being apart from her will hurt him to.

"I'm gonna miss you. A lot." y/n whimpered into his shoulder, trying not to cry. John nuzzled his face into her neck. Enjoying the last hug he'll have with her for a while.

"I'm gonna miss you a lot to. When the fight happens, I will protect you." he said pulling away a little cupping her face before he retrieved something from his pocket. He gently took one of her hands from around his shoulders and put the thing in her hand. "Here, take my lighter. You know I'll come back for it and to you. We won't be apart for to long. I promise."

After they kissed goodbye and John left with Magento y/n watched him leave. Hoping that he'll be ok.

Later that night y/n sat in Johns room surronded by his things. He'd only been gone for a few hours but she already felt like he'd been gone for weeks.

Y/n's mom knew she was in John's room. It is obvious to anyone who saw the two together that they loved eachother. After giving her time Jean walked in and sat down next to her daughter. "He'll be back sweetheart, he loves you. Even your father can see that, even though he doesn't like to admit it." Jean stated hoping to ease her daughters' mind. Knowing how being left alone from your love can hurt.

"I know. I love him too." y/n spoke looking down at the lighter in her hand.