Leaving - Pyro/John Allerdyce

John/Pyro x Fem!Reader

Warnings: none

Word count: 212

Summary: Pyro telling Y/n that he loves her before leaving to join the brotherhood.

Authors Note: Haven't wrote X-MEN in awhile

"What are you doing?" Y/n asked as she walks into their shared room seeing him packing his duffle.

"Y/n-" John turned around not knowing what to say.

"You're leaving." Y/n states when he doesn't say anything, eyes not leaving his packed duffle.

"I'm sorry. But I have to go. I don't belong here." He tells her with tears welling up in his eyes.

"You're going to join Magento and his brotherhood, aren't you?" Y/n looked at him with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Yes." John nodded.

"I'll miss you." Y/n's voice broke as more tears rolled down her cheeks.

John rushed over to her and cupped her cheeks brushing her tears away with his thumbs. "I'll miss you too. More than anything. But-"

"You can't stay. I get it." Y/n nodded as they embraced each other into a tight hug.

"We'll see eachother again." John promised as they parted from their hug.

"I hope so." Y/n gave him a sad but hopeful smile.

"We will. I love you." John placed one last kiss for now on her forehead before he grabbed his bag and left. Hoping when everything was over they'd see each other again. He'd protect her, even if they are on opposite sides.