XXVII

Elise laid her head on her mate's lap. She breathed in and out slowly and softly whilst his fingers softly stroked her head. She gradually relaxed and felt her wolf being gently drawn out.

She felt warmer and more calm as she began to slip into her wolf. Once her wolf was drawn out the transition was effortless.

In front if her was a snowy wonderland. The dream world of her mind was absolutely enthralling.

It took a little longer to become attuned with her senses in the made up little world in her mind. When she did become connected to her senses it came like a shock to her system.

Suddenly she could hear better. She felt as if she could even see better. She wiggled her paws that had sunk into the soft and fluffy snow.

She wolfishly grinned. She enjoyed being connected to the shut off part of herself. It made her feel all warm and a little more at peace.

Another wolf rubbed up against her. She turned to look at her mate. She felt so tiny next to him. She knew she was tiny because she did not shift but she still did not like being so small.

She knew shifting was dangerous for her. She never shifted because it could kill her if she did. It was a sad truth for her. It was why she was so thankful for what he was doing for her.

She lifted her paw and put it down, slowly moving forward before she inevitably stumbled and tumbled over. She popped her head out of the snow and shook it off her nose.

She frowned looking down at her hidden paws. Why was walking suddenly so difficult. She assumed it would be am easier with four feet. She didn't need to balance or anything so why was it hard.

She needed to try again. She took a brave step forward, then moved her other paw. Her moving was weird and she tripped again.

Revion sat in the snow, watching as his mate rolled about and tripped over her paws. She hadn't even managed to move a meter forward from where she had started.

He considered picking her up but he knew she needed to teach herself to walk. He also enjoyed the entertainment a little too much. He liked watching her develop and make progress. It was fun for him, helping her in areas where her caregivers had left neglected.

He grinned, holding in a laugh, as she began springing in the snow. She moved like a rabbit. She pounced onto the mounds of snow.

She yelped as she suddenly sank into a deep spot into the snow. She squirmed and wiggled in the hole, causing more snow to fall on her. She pouted when she realised that it had not worked. Instead she was stuck with only her tail and head poking out.

She started yapping to get her mate's attention. She was pretty sure he was not going to leave her in the snow.

He walked closer towards her and lowered his head to her. She started barking excitedly until he went down. He lay in the snow and rested his head on his front paws. He smirked at her.

He was too amused by the miniature wolf version of his mate. The sight of a wolf the size of three to four pups yapping for attention in the snow certainly was not something he was going to take for granted. The meetings during the day were not that entertaining. She certainly was and he was going to get all the entertainment he could.

He preferred her stuck in her little hole as a wolf. Her wolf form was a little too energetic, he didn't need her falling into things and being constantly fished out.

She frowned looking at him before continuing her barking.

He didn't mind her barking though. She was being all energetic and excited. It was a part of her that he rarely got to see but he wanted to see more of.