IX

Elise stared at Revion as he gave her the tour of the castle she had been waiting for. She could walk again for longer periods and was glad not to be confined to her bed anymore.

She could see that he was becoming slightly more lenient with her. He allowed her to walk around a bit more when he was with her although at the slightest sign if pain or stumbling he would carry her back to the bed. He may have seemed dominant and possessive of her, even controlling, but she knew he was just trying to protect her. He had seen her weak and helpless covered in wounds and unable to go on. It was a miracle she had even survived.

If he was in such a state she would feel the same. He was just trying to protect and love his mate and there was nothing wrong with that. It showed how much he cared for her and loved her. The way he wanted to do anything he could for her whenever possible. He sacrificed his time for her.

Her fingers twiddled with each other as she walked behind him unfortunately staring at his broad shoulders and messy dark brown hair. She wanted to run her hands through his untame hair and over his strong muscles.

Her face grew red as she became conscious of her thoughts.

He was seriously affecting her ability to think and act rationally. Never before had she had such desires. She had never thought about one person so intensely. She had never felt such a strong need for another's touch. She wanted to touch him and always be with him. They were mates and she knew that but the feelings were strange and new to her. Having grown up as an orphan it was odd to have someone who was always there for her and always loving her.

He was the first person she felt that she could trust entirely. She did not have to pretend to be someone she was not around him. She did not have to please him by favours like doing homework for him or doing dangerous dares to get his attention and appreciation.

"Elise you're going to have to stop staring at me unless you want me to kiss you right here, where everyone walking by will be able to see what you do to me."

Her cheeks flushed and she looked down. She was embarrassed to be caught staring.

"Don't look so guilty. I do enjoy your appreciation of my body," he said.

"Your cheeks won't stop blushing. Its adorable," he laughed looking at his mate's red cheeks as he glanced back at her.

"How about I carry you now. I don't want you to overdo it and get hurt," he said picking her up not really giving her a choice in the matter.

The King looked down at his precious mate's crimson cheeks. She seemed embarrassed, even ashamed, to have been caught admiring what belonged to her. He was more than happy to have his mate's attention and saw no need for her to be so ashamed of it.

She was the Alpha Female, the Alpha Queen and Luna of his kingdom. Everyone deserved to know that he was hers. He wanted nothing more than to have her publicly kissing him and showing everyone that he was hers and hers alone. He wanted every female to know that he was taken by his one and only queen.

He could not resist the soft rose coloured petals that stared up at him temptingly.

He leaned in slowly and Elise stared at him staring blankly into space oblivious to what was right in front of her. Oblivious until his lips had connected with hers.

Her eyes went wide in surprise and despite how amazing it felt she struggled to get free. She did not want to be kissed in public.

"Stop. Not in public," she whispered as his lips slowly moved on hers with burning passion.

"Why my Regina? If anyone passes by let them stare. They can watch and envy the love I have for you. I want to show how much I adore you my one and only Queen," he said moving his lips on and off of hers with each word.

He spoke lowly with a desire and passion in his voice that had the Omega  losing her thoughts and reasoning.

The King felt a satisfaction inside him as he stared down into the helpless eyes of his mate. She did not know what she wanted anymore. Her reasoning was slowly slipping as her mate appealed greatly to her instincts. The instinctual side was only pushed forward by the wolf inside her, the wolf that was unable to show its physical form.

It was not long before the girl lost the internal battle and her primary instincts took a hold. She desired to be as close to her mate as possible. Her hands wrapped tighter around the back of his neck.

Her lips wasted no time slamming themselves onto his. She was no longer hesitant about taking what she wanted. She did not care where she was, he was her male.

Time seemed to stand still as he held her in his strong arms and their lips danced against each other in synchronicity.

"Alpha."

A low whine left Elise's throat as their kiss was interrupted.

"Yes Chandler?" Revion asked.

He was pretty annoyed that he had had his kiss interrupted. He would have rather had him wait until they eventually finished. Despite that he had to admit his mate's disappointed whine was adorable.

They were going to have the most beautiful and cutest pups.

"The Westwind Pack is arming and showing signs of rebellion—"

"Rebellion? We haven't even annexed them yet they can't rebel yet," Revion said.

"They still have decided to arm and could become a threat," Chandler said.

"They could never threaten me. Come Elise I think it is time to return to the room. We can continue the tour tomorrow," Revion decided.

Elise sighed and went with his decision.

The King took her back to the bedroom and gently placed her on the bed.

"Are you going to go now?" Elise asked softly.

"Yes. My Chandler is my Advisor, in the pack hierarchy he would be my Beta. When he interrupted us I assume he was expressing not only his concerns but also those of the council," Revion sighed.

"Council? There is a council. There are so many people under you but it was so empty when I first came."

"When I fell into a death sleep it was unclear if I would ever wake up so almost everyone left. After all there would be chaos amongst them if they all stayed here without a leader. It would also be treasonous and disrespectful to appoint someone in my place that I had not approved of. Some did stay behind, but they numbered very few. When I woke up those who dispersed felt my presence and began to return."

"Should they not be dead. It has been centuries?"

"For a normal wolf. My inner circle is made of Lycans. We have near immortal lifespans. With my mark you have those traits as well," he explained.

Elise stared dumbfounded at her mate. Did he just tell her that she would be practically immortal. It honestly surprised her.

"I'm sorry my Regina I must leave now. I have not yet had an official meeting to welcome back my council and with the concern they have towards the Westwind pack I must address the current affairs and what not," he said.

"Please stay," she whispered.

"I can't but as soon as I am done I will be back and I will give you all the love and kisses you want," he said kissing her forehead.

Elise looked down disappointed. She knew he was a King and that she had come when he was expanding his kingdom and he wanted to secure his territory. She knew he loved her a lot but they way he was being went against traditions in her pack. Newly mated wolves would stay together for one to two weeks. They would not go and eat with the rest of the pack and would hunt together unless they were both Omegas and neither could change to wolf form to hunt.

She did not want to seem ungrateful or inconsiderate for all he did for her but it did upset her. She wanted to be with him.

She watched with an aching heart as he left the room. It hurt her to watch him leave her.

A/N

Thank you all so much for 3K reads and more than 240 votes in nearly a month. I hope you liked this chapter.