XII

"Revion stop growling and glaring," Elise muttered annoyed as her new maids worked on her hair.

"I'll stop growling when they are five meters away from you or better yet out of our room," he replied in his growling language.

"Don't be so rude. You had them dragged here, not me," Elise whispered in his ear.

"I should have killed them," Revion growled.

Elise fiddled with her hands in her lap as she felt Anna's had freeze in the motion of brushing her hair. It was clear that not everyone felt as happy, safe and loved in his presence as she did.

The only reason the girls had not yet been put six feet under was the fact that it would upset Elise. This provoked multiple feelings in Elise. She felt loved, knowing he would do anything for her to be happy. She however also felt a little unsettled by the fact that he would kill anyone who probably so much as gave one wrong glance at her.

As sweet as he could be he was still an incredibly protective and possessive Alpha male who would go to any length to protect his mate. He would kill whoever hurt her, whoever spoke ill of her or who plotted against her. It was reassuring and worrying at the same time.

Even though all of these were the main part of why he wanted to kill the girls, another was one specific girl in particular. Stella had not kept quiet when being led to her new mistress. She had infuriated the King beyond his limits and if he would not be risking cuddling his mate that night by killing Stella, then he would have done it without a single regret.

It seemed the only one who was not affected by the King's rage was Stella herself as she walked in with a huge tub of hot water.

Elise cried out in shock as the bucket of water meant for the bath, that unfortunately could not run itself with the lack of plumbing, fell all over her and Anna.

"Elise!" Revion exclaimed running to his mate.

He growled at the maids, making sure they knew to keep their distance, as he took her soaked form into his arms.

"Revion I am okay. It's just some water," she protested.

"No. It could have been poisoned. I'll call the doctor-"

"You are being paranoid. I am absolutely fine," Elise continued to protest as she was laid on the bed.

"I'm soaking wet, let me at least dry off before I end up wetting the bed," she whined.

He shook his head.

"I am not poisoned. It was just water. Anna got wet too and you are not fussing over her. Also you arranged for the ball tonight. I need to finish getting ready and now also get dried off."

"I will not fuss over the slave. You are my mate. However, I will let you get done but if you show any signs of being poisoned the ball will be prolonged."

"I can live with that," she said pushing him aside and getting to her feet.

"No walking-"

"Revion, I am already healed and I am not helpless. I can walk perfectly fine."

"But I like carrying you, my Regina," he said pulling her close to him and stroking his fingers lovingly along her jawline.

Elise smiled shyly at the feel of his touch. She loved it. It was gentle. It was soft. It took her to the moon.

"Stop Revion. There are people here. Can't we rather do this when we are alone?"

"They are slaves. I could not care less what they thought of me showing my love to my Queen. Besides, right now, you are the most powerful woman in this kingdom, if they dare to criticize you, see what happens to them," he said pulling her closer.

Elise felt pure bliss as her lips fell on his. He knew how to properly silence her. His fingers secured themselves on her back, making sure she did not have a chance to pull away. His free hand made sure to give her attention through gentle strokes on her skin.

She had long since forgotten about the maids in her room. The maids that did not know whether to avert their eyes or not from the passionate kiss between the king and the queen.

"I must get done," Elise whispered lifting her lips.

He released her from his arms in response.

"No more growling, okay?" She whispered in his ear, her warm breath fanning his skin in an innocent yet erotic way.

The king watched his Omega walking away.

She was taken into the bathroom to be washed and was refused entry. He did not understand why her pack had enforced such ideas of modesty. Maybe those that could shift just were far more acquainted with being nude. After all he doubted she would strip and run across the forest naked. He was amused by the image in his head.

His eyes lifted immediately as he heard the door open and his mate walked out, dressed in a beautiful gown. She had to have been in the bathroom for hours since her hair and make up was completed. He had little care for what she was wearing. He just cared that the three slaves had not harmed her.

He grabbed her waist again as she ran towards him to show off.

"No! No kisses! You're going to smudge my lipstick," she protested, blocking his lips with her hands as he attempted to lean in to kiss her and resume what had been interrupted by her before.

"But I need to taste your sweet lips, my beautiful regina," he said moving her hand away.

"After the ball," she said.

"Do you really think I can resist kissing you for that long?"

"If you even think about kissing me in public -"

"Why not?"

"Kissing should only be done when we are alone."

"I don't think so," he whispered in her ear making her breath hitch involuntarily.

She needed to move as far away from her mate as possible before she gave in to him. He was certainly doing things to her.

"I cannot wait for the ball!" The excited voice of a ditzy Stella exclaimed as she ran out the bathroom and Revion growled.

"Slaves don't attend balls they serve at it and I don't think blondie has the capability to not enrage my guests."