XXXII

"You look rather happy today," Lauren frowned as she saw the Queen bounce into the dining hall dragging her mate along with her. Usually it was the other way round with the Queen needing to be dragged to breakfast by her mate.

"I feel great!" Elise beamed. "Thank you for the advice Alpha Clara."

"I enjoy the respect of my title, but I would like to make a special exception for you. Just call me Clara, it feels more natural especially from someone as sweet as my Queen."

"So what happened?" Lauren asked, her lips turning to a slight smirk as she looked over the Queen who was beaming, almost glowing with energy.

"Al- Clara suggested that I cuddle Revion's wolf at night to bond. I do not know why but I had the absolute best sleep of my life. I feel like I can take on anything," Elise grinned.

Lauren sighed, "Aw it was only cuddling."

"What else would it be?" Elise frowned.

Lauren opened her mouth and got a flick from Clara making her wince and be quiet.

Revion glanced over at the group of girls feeling rather confused by their discussion. However he was nonetheless rather happy that Elise was finally opening up to other women as she should have been doing way before. Able to shift or not she was never going to be complete or happy without a true sense of a pack which the girls were slowly getting her into with their friendship.

He owed Claire greatly it seemed. Lauren on the other hand was employed by him, she got paid to work. Maybe he would give her a bonus after all his mate in addition to her work controlling his other advisors was not an easy task when they overshadowed every other member of the council.

"Lauren call the boys, I need a meeting with the Alpha and the council," Revion said, finally able to speak up over the giggles of the women.

"So I assume Elise told you about my proposition?" Clara smiled.

"Yes and I would like to discuss it after breakfast."

"That would be wonderful."

Elise's mouth began to water as a stack of pancakes were brought out onto the table. The effect of which was rather noticeable.

"Do you have a sweet tooth?" Clara teased, switching conversations.

"The Queen loves sweets," Lauren laughed, poking Elise's cheek playfully.

"It's not like having a sweet tooth is a crime. If it were I would just make it legal," Elise huffed crossing her arms.

Lauren pouted, "Aww don't be so childish about it. Like sweets would ever be illegal with Revion around. Look at him, he is just as taken with pancakes as you are. I only hope pancakes don't come between you two."

Elise glanced to the side to check on her mate and sure enough found him digging into the pancakes like a child, barely stopping to chew the sugary treat. She felt at ease seeing him suddenly relaxed. She almost never saw him like that. He had the body and mind of an eighteen year old but maybe more advanced and from another time. He never indulged in childish things and he always flitted about her.

"I'll make him pancakes then! I'm sure mine will be way better!" The queen declared standing up and slamming her hands on the table.

Lauren laughed, "Not a chance. Those ovens aren't the same a what you are used to. You could easily get burnt and honestly I doubt they could beat these."

Elise suddenly threw back the chair and rushed to Revion as she saw his face grow dark. A servant was whispering in his ear. It seemed to be something he did not approve of.

"Elise stay right here."

She gasped, "What? Why should I? Can't I help. I want to be your queen so I should help you in matters."

"It's too sensitive a matter. Please don't get involved. It could easily hurt you."

"I can get hurt! You need to let me do things too. I need to know how the pack runs in case something happens."

He shook his head, "It doesn't involve the pack. It involves you Elise. And I'm not having you get involved because I know you are going to get hurt. This is a serious matter and your sweetness is not needed—" He groaned, "I mean that I think you'll react badly in the situation. It needs brutal efficiency and possible harsh decisions."

She frowned, "But it involves me. You should not be like that with me."

"It's a matter that you really really don't want to know about."

"Some girl called Rene woke up!" Clara shouted.

"Alpha Clara! Please you shouldn't have said that. It was best if you had pretended not to hear," Lauren fretted.

"Oh. I'm assuming this girl is not a nice one."

"Take me with you Revion! I have to see her!" Elise demanded tugging on her mates arm as he got up.

"Elise you're getting better and finally getting an actual personality. I'm not going to interfere with that. I love you and I'm doing this because I want the best for you. I don't want her hurting you. I don't want you to even get a glimpse of her! That thing nearly killed you! You were nearly taken from me my queen and yet you worried about her. You worried about that scum instead of yourself who is more important."

Lauren stepped in, "What he is trying to say is that we, he especially, care for you too much. Rene is going to make you panic and we don't know what she might do or say. It's safest if you stay away until her situation is assessed."

"I... understand but isn't this the best way for me to deal with the trauma—"

"Please Elise..." Revion pleaded.

"This is my problem Revion. Shouldn't I be the one to deal with it."

He frowned, "Perhaps but I'm not letting you, and my wolf won't either. She used you, abused you and she won't get the mercy of her queen at all. Lauren take the Luna, Alpha and Elise and entertain them. Chandler you and him are with me. Elise go with Lauren and once I've assessed the situation I'll see if she is stable enough for you to communicate with."

He watched her eyes light up. "You'll let me see her!"

"Only if I decide she won't hurt you and is good. But consider this my compromise."

"Good boy," Lauren grinned rubbing Revions head, earning a growl from her friend. "Easy there Elise, he is yours. I won't touch him."

"Good," the Queen grinned walking out with her plate of pancakes finished.

A/N

Hi so it's been a lot of months but finally there is an update. I'm currently even more stressed than I was at the last update. My life is chaotic, one of my closest friends decided to leave me last week and a bunch of stuff. I don't promise to update soon but I want more updates. I hope they don't come as slow as this one.

I do miss writing and interacting with you all writers block that has hit for over a year has been menacing and cruel.

I noticed a lot of you wanted more chapters about what happened to rene so I finally realised how to incorporate it. The ideas came and I just wrote. At least there should be an idea now for the next chapter so thank you to you lovely commenters.

That said have great days and hopefully I'll see you all soon in future chapters.