XVI

She heard no splat from her height but she could picture it. The picture in her imagination was not pretty. It was disturbing and it broke her.

Elise shuffled along the ledge to the window and pulled herself through it. Her movements were slow and cautious.

The moment her feet touched the floor she knew she was safe and emotions washed over her.

She took the walk of guilt and shame to their bed where her mate lay still.

She couldn't breathe. The horrible feeling was lodged in her throat. She had indirectly killed someone.

She noticed Stella and Anna watching her terrified.

She didn't know if it was because they were scared of the consequences or if they were scared of her.

She ignored them as she reached her mate.

She leaned in and placed her lips on his own.

He was hardly as bad as the first time she had met him but she wondered if the kiss would even work again.

She felt so much guilt. She much self-hatred.

"What's that for my Regina?"

Elise lifted her head to look into her mate's eyes. He was clueless. He didn't know what had happened.

"Elise! You're bleeding!"

Only then did she realise how much pain she was in.

Her mate raced out the bed and turned on the lights and ran back to her.

"Its okay Elise. I'm going to help you. I'm going to patch it all up," he assured her.

"No please don't," she whispered.

Elise didn't want to be helped anymore. She wanted to bleed out. She felt immense guilt. She didn't deserve to live after what she had done.

"Elise did you do this to yourself. Elise please talk to me," he begged.

He was panicking and scared.

She didn't want to tell him. She didn't want to let him in about her actions.

He growled as he saw Stella and Anna. The two girls were dangerous to his mate. He refused to have them anywhere near her in her state.

Their leader was missing. They never did anything without their leader.

"Get out of here! You are only allowed in here when I or my queen request it!" He growled.

Elise couldn't say a word. She couldn't agree or disagree as she felt herself breaking down. What right did she have to a mate after what she had done? She had attacked Stella and killed René.

"Elise it will be okay. I'm going to help you."

"My king please—" Anna took a step forward towards them.

"I don't know what you did to my mate but I don't want to see you anywhere near her," the king growled.

"Please it was an—"

"Accident? Mistake? Mistakes don't end up with backs slashed and bleeding stabs. I honestly thought that sparing you was the right option. I thought that you would change once given the chance. I was wrong!"

"No please Revion. No hurting them. It's my fault. I caused it. I did it. Please," Elise sobbed.

"I expect a full statement once I have tended to my mate. If either of you dare leave the room or even think about moving an inch consider a death sentence to be guaranteed," he declared picking up Elise amd taking her into the bathroom.