XIX

Revion smiled as he sat in the mide of the maze with Elise's head rested on his lap. She couldn't fall asleep but he was happy she was getting rest. He knew she was in pain. Her wounds were bad but she didn't seem to think much of them so he decided not to draw attention to them.

He needed to keep her calm and relaxed, it was the best way to keep her stable until he found a good source of help for her. He knew she was not going to recover from the events easily.

He saw Chandler emerging from the maze. He was out of breath.

"So this is what the centre of the maze looks like."

Revion glared at his friend. The maze was specifically made to get everyone else lost so he could be alone.

"How are you- Why are you here? I thought it was clear that I wanted us to be undisturbed," Revion growled softly trying not to disturb his mate who was beginning to drift off.

"Well no one could find you so they came to me and told me i had to find you because they found-"

Revion immediately put a finger over his lips.

If it was René and she was confirmed dead, he had no doubt that his mate would relapse. Considering how little time had passed since the event she was doing very well. He was not about to let their extremely good progress go down the drain just like that.

Elise began to stir from her half asleep state as she felt him moving beneath her.

"Go back to sleep Elise. Everything is fine," he whispered to her.

"What's going on?"

"You don't need to worry about it at all," he assured her.

"What did they find?"

"They found your favourite marshmallows," Revion said lightly tapping her nose.

"You are joking, right?" Elise laughed.

"Why would I be joking?"

"You wouldn't go through so much trouble for sweets."

"You don't know that," he said.

He watched her frown and smiled. He hoped her confusion would keep her occupied. He probably would do such a thing for sweets for her but he had not asked anyone to find her marshmallows.

"Then where are the marshmallows?"

"I guess we'll have to find out," he said.

"You are crazy," she laughed.

"Hey could you please slow down Revion! I only found my way to the centre of the maze by pure luck and your scent. I don't know my way out!" Chandler exclaimed.

"I'm going slow, you are just a snail," the king murmured.

He smiled as he heard Elise laughing. He could feel her moving in his arms as she laughed.

"Ow," she whined.

Elise stopped laughing and felt tears instead as she felt her injuries stretching with her movement.

She leaned into Revion as she felt the pain taking over her and tears dripping from her eyes.

"Its okay. As soon as we get back I'll get you something for the pain," he told her.

~

Revion watched over Elise as he laid her in the bed of one of the guest rooms that were unoccupied. He knew it was not safe to place her back in their bedroom until everything had been cleaned up and she was more comfortable with what had happened.