XI

"I want you to be announced as my Queen. I want to keep you at my side so you won't get hurt," Revion said as his lips drifted from hers.

"Q-queen," she stuttered.

"You didn't think I would do it? I have only thought of you as my queen since I laid eyes on you. I just want to make it official and send out a warning to those who think they can touch you that you are mine and mine alone," he said kissing her forehead.

"Are you not being too possessive?" She asked.

"This is hardly possessive my queen," he said as he stroked her hair.

"Hardly? The moment any guy even glances at me you want to kill him," she said.

"Well when you are such a precious treasure every man does seem like a threat to me," he shrugged.

"I'm not that special—"

"Yes you are. Now there is going to be a ball tomorrow night to welcome the council back to the kingdom as well as everyone else. I want you to be introduced as my Queen there."

"So soon?"

"If not now then when?"

"Well is a ball really necessary?" She asked.

"How else am I supposed to show you off like the precious jewel you are? I want them to know that you are mine and mine alone my sweet little Regina," he said holding her in his arms.

"S-stop it," she muttered under her breath feeling flustered from his attention that had made her cheeks turn red.

"Don't be so shy my love. You don't need to get so flustered by my words. Although it is very cute when you do," he said rather amused by his mate.

"Don't laugh," she muttered.

"If you say so my Queen," he said.

"I didn't mean— don't—" she fumbled over her words.

"So adorable," he said gently lying her down on the bed and getting up.

"Wait don't go!" She exclaimed getting off the bed.

"I'll be back soon. I just want to get your dress for the ball so you can see it and decide whether it needs any adjustments that can be done with the seamstress. Now lie down and rest. You are injured," he said.

"But I don't want to be alone. Revion I'm scared," she said.

"Okay then I'll send a servant to get it. I don't want you feeling afraid ever," he said gently cupping her cheek.

Elise felt her heart racing fast. She had never expected to feel so overwhelmed by the words of any man yet her mate was leave her speechless just from a few sentences.

Why he was having such a profound effect on her was unknown. He had done things more intimate than mere complimenting and they had not left her in such a state.

The Omega wanted to run into the bathroom and hide till she had calmed down but it was not like she would be able to do that. She did not feel safe without him in the room and whilst he was in the room there was no way he was going to allow her to leave the bed.

Her hands played with the skirt of her dress as she tried to distract her mind from her mate.

His fingers gently placed themselves beneath her chin and lifted it so she was forced to face him and look into his eyes.

"Don't try ignore me my Regina. If you do I may think that there is another male on your mind," he said.

"No Revion I would never. I love you," she said.