XIV

"Thank you so much for tonight Revion! It was absolutelymagical. I felt like a real princess," Elise squealed wrapping her arms around her mate's neck and clinging to him as he lead them back to their room after the ball ended sometime in the early hours of the morning.

"Not princess. Queen. Princess is the title for our future daughter."

Her cheeks went red. Daughter! He was already thinking about kids. The furthest she had thought ahead was breakfast. He was already thinking children.

"Come now my Regina, you need some good rest."

Elise followed after him, practically dragged along by his hand. It was funny to think of how she had gone from nobody and nothing to being doted on and adored by a literal king.

She giggled as he grabbed her waist and placed her on the bed.

"You don't need to. I can do it myself," she protested as he began to untie the laces of her dress.

"Let me take care of you Elise," Revion said.

"But all you do is take care of me."

"Because you deserve it. My knowledge of the role of an Omega is to do whatever your pack demands. That's what I have gotten from your pack's explanations. Therefore you now get to be taken care of," he said placing a soft kiss on her nose.

She sighed and allowed him to continue. She knew she was getting nowhere with him. He was persistent and she knew he meant no harm. It wasn't as if she didn't like what he was doing. She liked being taken care of, she just felt selfish and guilty for allowing him to devote so much energy towards her. She could not even do anything for him.

She felt her nightdress being slipped over her head and she lifted her arms to put them through the sleeves.

She fought the urge to whimper when his touch left her.

She squeaked in surprise when he came up right beside her and exclaimed, "Boo!"

"Aww you squeaked," he laughed, teasing her as he blew out the bedside candle and drew her into his arms.

"I-it was an accident."

"Don't sound so upset about it. It's cute. I like that you have these cute things about you. It makes me love you even more."

She smiled and fell asleep against him, her head in his chest.

~

Her eyes opened drowsily as she felt her source of heat taken from her. She couldn't sleep as well without cuddling her mate.

Her eyes went wide as she saw a candle on and a knife above his chest.

Her mouth was covered by René.

"Stay quiet Omega."

Elise struggled in the grip of the Beta female. She refused to just sit around and watch her mate get killed.

Elise yanked herself out of René's hold and threw herself at Stella. She tumbled with the blonde girl to the floor.

"Stay away from him!" Elise growled at Stella.

Elise had no idea what had come over her.

"Get off me you crazy—" Stella yelled fighting.

"I'm not letting you hurt my mate!"

Elise's hands grabbed Stella's throat and she pushed down, a moment of absolute depravity and desperation overcoming the girl.

Tears swelled in her eyes as she listened to Stella choke.