Chapter 9

MEGAN

"How long are you guys going to stand around my bed like a bunch of creepers?"

"Well... We were hoping you'd show us the island today."

"It's five am."

"You're the one that told us if we wanted to do something we should do it early."

"Alright, meet me at the car in half an hour."

I quickly get out of bed, throw on a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt and fix my hair. With the high temperatures on the island I don't even bother with makeup. I just need to manage my curly mess of hair and I'm ready to go. After I have my coffee of course.

Just fifteen minutes after the guys woke me up, I walk into the kitchen. Evan looks at his watch and seems impressed.

"First girl I ever met that can get ready within fifteen minutes."

"We're not all the same, you know. Anyone else wants coffee?"

"Does it taste like dirt like the crap we got at the shop here?"

"You mean the corner shop a few streets over? I doubt that stuff is even made from coffee beans. Watch and learn."

I take my coffee blend from one of the cupboards and scoop a few spoons in the French press. I put on the kettle and while the water is boiling I make myself some yoghurt with fruit. I pour the water in the French press and wait for it to brew. Three pairs of curious eyes are watching me as I get four mugs and fill them up. I put the sugar and milk on the table so we can all make our coffee the way we like it. I take a cautious sip as to not burn my mouth. Ah... black gold.

"You, Megan whatever your last name is, are a queen. A lifesaver."

"And you, Logan, are exaggerating."

"I'm not. I could not have survived three weeks without coffee."

The other two nod in agreement.

"Are you ready to go? The sun will come up soon."

We get in Adele's old jeep and I start driving across the island to show them my favourite places. There's a lot of villages that are absolutely beautiful. The view over the volcano and the small island to the west. I tell them about the different beaches, which towns to go to for the best restaurants or clubs and which daytrips are fun to do. By noon we've seen most of the island and I suggest stopping at the bistro to get something to eat. The guys agree, claiming that they are dying of hunger. I tell them to suck it up and go in already. I see most of my friends at a table in the back chatting and laughing.

The four of us order and I tell Niko and Cate's mum that we'll be sitting with them. There are two more chairs at their table so I drag two more chairs from another table to the group. I introduce everyone and Logan immediately chats away with everyone. Matthew and Evan keep a bit more to themselves, so I try my best to involve them in my conversation with Andrew and Sophie.

Another hour goes by quickly and I'm glad I left a note for Adele. She's used to me being gone for hours on end, but I made it a habit to always let her know where I went, what I was doing and when I thought I would be back.

She's the one that suggested I would spend some time with the boys and get to know some more people. Especially when all of us are from the UK and Logan even goes to the same university as me. I've only seen him at a few parties, but it would be nice to know someone when I get back to Bath in September.

"So people, tonight, my place. Movie and drinks. Maybe some games. Who's in?"

I could have known that Andrew would want to have a party. What better reason to throw one than meeting new people? I glance at said people to see if they're in for a party, but I don't need words to know they want to go tonight. Evan and Logan have excited grins on their faces and Matthew doesn't seem to be against it although he isn't as excited as his two friends.

We agree on a time and I offer to get the drinks since I already have a car with me. The guys offer to help me and we all get in the car and we drive to the closest supermarket. We'll be with eleven people tonight, so that's quite some drinks we'll need. Luckily the supermarket isn't too far from the bistro, so it'll be a quick trip.

The supermarket is close to empty, but which idiot would want to be in a supermarket at 2 pm when it's around thirty degrees? These idiots apparently. What can I say? Ain't no party like an alcoholic party. Although, for the sake of my liver, I may need to start changing that soon.

We pick up some bottles of liquor and a lot of six-packs of beer. Everyone drinks either beer or cocktails, so I pick up some bottles of soda as well. Logan looks at the total at the register and nods approving.

"Not too bad for a bunch of university students."

I don't go to many university parties, let alone do I organise them, but I can only imagine how much money they spend on alcohol.

"Let's drop everything at Andrew's place and we can go home. Adele said she would be making dinner tonight and I think all of us can use a shower before heading out tonight."

Personally I don't take too long getting ready, not even for a party. I know Andrew said movies and games, but I've known the guy long enough to know that we'll start a movie at 8 and as soon as that finished we'll end up with loud music and a lot of drinking. Not that I mind.

I hop into the shower as soon as we get back so I can let my hair air-dry before we have to leave. The guys share a bathroom so they'll need some more time. In the meantime I help Adele with dinner. She loves cooking for her guests and the boys are no exception. Especially because they love everything she makes and praise her all through dinner.

I already chose my outfit for tonight, a linen dress with buttons on the front. I only have sandals and trainers with me, so I chose a pair of golden slippers. I didn't get dressed yet since the dress is white and I don't want to spill my food on it, so I'm rocking a t-shirt and sport shorts until dinner is over.

 I didn't get dressed yet since the dress is white and I don't want to spill my food on it, so I'm rocking a t-shirt and sport shorts until dinner is over