Chapter 41

MEGAN

The past two months have flown by faster than I expected. I missed Matthew a lot, but school has kept me busy enough. We spend every other weekend together, sometimes at my place, sometimes at his. We're going to his family's in a few weeks for Emma's birthday. I really miss his family, little Lily is already three months old and Emma has sent me a lot of pictures of Louis riding his new bike. Emma added me to their family chat shortly after I left their home two months ago. The evening I got the notification I cried for a good hour. I was never part of a family, I never felt anything like it. Emma took me into her family with so much love that it overwhelmed me a bit.

Maya is coming to visit this week, Logan got them tickets to that premiere they have been talking about for next week. Logan is super nervous to see her again. Every time I talked to him he was freaking out about their plans and doing everything he could so she'd have the best time possible. His flatmate is still acting up, or being an annoying asshole as Logan calls it, so I offered to have Maya stay in my spare room. I'm super excited to see my friend again and having some extra girl nights would be amazing. And maybe I can figure out how she thinks about Logan so I can make sure she doesn't get on a plane back to Greece before doing some matchmaking. Both of them are such kind, loving people and I just want them to be happy. If they can be happy together, even better.

Logan will pick Maya up from the airport, so I use my time alone to call Matthew. I know he's on his lunch break, but we've both been crazy busy the past few days and I haven't heard his voice in for too long. Even though we don't have a lot of time to talk, just hearing his voice for a few minutes as he tells me about what's happening at his internship is enough to make my better.

The sound of a key in the front door brings me out of my Matthew daydreams. I gave Logan a key a few weeks ago. We've been hanging out a few times a week, sometimes to study together, sometimes just to have dinner together, Logan doesn't like cooking so whenever he can eat at my place he happily does so. I think that's one of the main reasons why he decided to move in. I told him multiples time that he can have my spare room if he can stand me and Matthew together every few weeks. Apparently his flatmate drove him so far he actually took me up on it so he's moving in next month. I haven't has a flatmate in forever but I love spending time with Logan and he promised to clean up after himself, that's all that matters to me.

"Hello! Your best friend ever is back!"

"Maya!"

"I was talking about myself, Megan."

"I know Lo, just messing with you. No one can compare to my soon to be roomie."

"You bet!"

"I can give you two some privacy if you want."

"Don't be silly girl! I'm super excited to see you! And I doubt Lo wants to spend more time than necessary without you."

Logan shoots daggers at me, but I completely ignore him. If he wants to make anu progress with Maya he's going to need me meddling in his business. He's way too nice to make a move on her, always being the polite and kind guy he is. They only have a week together, they need some of my fire to get this show on the road.

We let Maya get settles in her room, all the while Logan is still sending angry glares my way.

"You'll thank me soon, Lo. Just trust me. I've known her for years, I've got this."

"If you embarrass me, you'll regret it."

"Just trust me! You want to date her right? I know exactly what I need to do. Give me two days. Three tops. I saw the way she looked at you just now."

Maya and Logan get ready to go into the city so Logan can show her around. When they ask me to go along I make up an essay deadline that I need to work on. I'll work my magic at dinner tonight.

I suddenly have a few hours to myself, I already finished all my coursework and readings for next week so I'll need to find something else to do. I end up emptying my my closet and drawers completely. The cold is starting to set in so I'll need my winter clothes for the next few months. Halfway through organising all of my clothes, Owen calls. We catch up for a bit before he gets to the point. That's what I like about my brother, he gets straight to the point.

"What are you doing for Christmas?"

"I don't have anything planned yet. Other years I went to the homeless shelter to help out for a few days. I guess I'll be going to Matthew's family. We didn't talk about it yet."

"Do you have some time off before Christmas?"

"Yeah, finals end the second week of December."

"Would you like to come to London for a few days? Ruby and I were thinking about going out of town for the holidays but I'd love to meet up before if you want."

"I'd love to! I haven't been to London in a while and then I can finally see your place."

"Great! Just let me know what works for you and we'll figure out the details."

**

Logan and Maya will go to London for the premiere tomorrow but Logan forgot to mention he also got them tickets for the after party and Maya did not bring any party worthy outfits. We rushed out to do some last minute shopping, but so far we've not had any luck.

Guys are great and all but without them women would be a lot less stressed, just saying. We have one last store left and I'm hoping we find something good.

"So how do you feel about going to London with Logan?"

"I'm nervous. I mean, I've never been to a movie premiere or an afterparty."

"So, you're not nervous about being alone with Logan."

"No why would I? I trust him, he's fun to be around. Should I be nervous?"

"I don't know. I trust Logan completely. I just thought since you like him and all."

"Is it that obvious? I don't want to make things awkward between us."

"I don't think he knows. But I do happen to think that if you made a move on him he wouldn't reject you. Do with that information whatever you want."

"You really think so?"

I nod my head. My work here is done, know it's up to them to make it happen.

"Do you think this will do?"

"In making Logan's knees weak and his jaw dropping to the floor? Hell yes! You've just got yourself the perfect dress."