Chapter 28

MATTHEW

I don't know if we broke a world record, but we sure as hell must be in the top three. Junior didn't want to quit and we kept on going. I've had sex before, I had good sex before, but none of the times if came even close to what Megan and I did this morning.

By the time we were finally ready to get in the shower, we just went at it once more. I think if the others hadn't come home, we would probably still be in bed, naked. When we heard Evan and Logan downstairs, we rushed to get ready and out of the room. I know they'll find out what we did this morning, I've never been good at hiding things from them, but that doesn't mean I want to confront Megan with their idiocy. As a result from rushing out of the room, I cannot find my phone anywhere.

"Babe! Have you seen my phone?"

"On the kitchen counter."

Logan is closer to the counter than I am and picks up my phone, the movement makes my screen light up, showing the picture of Megan.

"Why aren't we your screensaver? I thought we were besties for life."

I'm telling you, Logan should head to Broadway. His sense of drama will be more appreciated there than it is here. Evan looks at my phone as well now.

"Because we don't make him come and she does."

For once I'm glad Megan isn't near me.

"How the hell did you know?"

"Dude, the sexual tension between you was visible to anyone with eyes. When we got here this morning, there seemed to be almost none. Only one explanation for that my friend."

I told you, cannot hide anything from them. Buying them gifts is brutal, they always know when I buy them and where I hide them within a few days.

They both pat me on my back as if I achieved some major thing. I had sex with my girlfriend. A few times. Sure it was major to us but not worth their attention.

"At least tell me you were safe. I'm not ready to be uncle Logan yet."

"Can we stop talking about this before Megan comes back? And none of you two dimwits say a word to her, understood?"

They raise their hands innocently and walk away. Normally I'm not this on edge, but I don't want Megan to be uncomfortable around my friends. And I definitely don't want them picturing Megan in this morning's activities.

***

Since I still need to find some gifts, Megan offered to drive us to another city to get some shopping done. Evan and Logan are literally like two kids in a toy store. Louis is better able to control himself than these two are. We go by a few stores and my friends both find something to bring for their families. I'm having a bit more trouble.

"What do you normally get your mum?"

"My go to was wine, but I don't think it's a good idea to give a pregnant woman wine."

"No, doesn't seem like it."

"I know she would like to taste some of these wines, but it seems like torture to bring them before she can actually drink them."

"When she can have wine again, just ask me. I can ask Maya to have her family send some bottles."

I thank her and we move on to the next store. I find a beautiful painting of the island and decide to buy that for mum and dad. For Louis it's somewhat easier. I know everything I buy for him he'll be happy with. I bought him a stuffed bear when he was born and it's still in his bed, even three years later. I find some story books and easy puzzles. He has plenty of toys and mum would kill me if I bought him any more, half our living room is already covered in Lego Duplo. And I also don't have enough room in my suitcase for too much stuff.

I find a cute stuffed bear as well. Since I don't know if I'll be having a brother or a sister yet, I decide to go for the white one, cannot go wrong with white, right? I hope he or she will love their teddy just as much as Louis loves his.

"I'm starving, let's sit down here somewhere and have some food."

I agree, the square we're at is beautiful with a fountain in the middle and picturesque buildings around it with some café's and boutiques. I admire the buildings while Megan scolds Evan and Logan for acting like two year olds. It's funny to be honest. When she tells them we're having food they immediately follow her to one of the cafés. They really are worse than toddlers. But Megan deals with them fine, she really would be an amazing mum.

I'm glad almost everyone I've encountered on the island speaks English. I would not have been able to do anything with Greek. Not only is it a language I don't understand, I don't even understand their alphabet.

Megan knows some Greek but hearing her talk, she could be making stuff up and I would still believe she's saying actual words. That doesn't make hearing her speak a foreign language any less sexy though.