Chapter 46

MATTHEW 

The three hour drive from Sheffield to Bath isn't as bad is I thought it would be when Megan and I decided to try long distance dating. The drive back is worse usually, then I no longer have the prospect of seeing my girl once I get out of the car. Evan's a nice guy but seeing him when I get home never made me as excited as Megan does.

Today is Megan and mine six month anniversary so I made dinner reservations at an Italian restaurant to take Megan to tonight. It's only Thursday but I took tomorrow off to spend the weekend with Megan. She'll still have a lecture tomorrow but I'll just spend some time with Logan while she's at university.

It's only four when I get to Bath and I know Megan isn't home yet so I let myself in with the key she gave we a while back. When I walk in I find Logan sprawled out on he couch watching cartoons.

"Hey, you're back early- Matthew! Dude, what are you doing here?"

"You knew I was coming today, don't act so surprised."

"I just assumed Meg would be home before you came. But it's great to see you, Christmas was too long ago, man."

"I know, mate. What's up with you? How is rooming with my girlfriend?"

"Dude, she's amazing. I get the best coffee every morning. She gets me a discount at the student café. She watches football with me, we watch movies together. She's the best."

"Great, now I feel so much better about my girlfriend living with another dude. I want to have that, I want her coffee and her movies."

"Ow, Matty, don't be jealous. You'll have your whole life with her. Let me enjoy finally having a great roommate. You already got Evan!"

"We could switch?"

"Naha, not happening anytime soon. Now, tell me about your plans for the weekend before the lady gets here."

"This food is amazing!"

"Your moaning told me that much."

"I can't help it, this is delicious. I think this is my new favourite restaurant."

"In that case I'll remember to take you here more often."

The smile on her face is worth millions. If I learned one thing in the past half year is that the best way to make Megan happy is by giving her food. Preferably Greek or Italian food or something with crazy amounts of sugar in it.

My whole body tingles and I get a huge smile on my face just from seeing her this happy. Her face is relaxed, the soft light makes her eyes sparkle. She's so gorgeous. Damn I got lucky.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm just admiring the view."

"I'd say take a picture, it lasts longer."

"Great idea. When we get back to your place and I can get my hands on your camera, you're mine baby."

She smirks at me, a playful flint in her eyes. I quickly snap a picture with my phone as she continues eating her dessert. No matter how many pictures I take of her, none of them capture her as magnificent as she really is. They don't show the sparkle in her eyes when we banter, they don't show the crinkles near her eyes when she truly laughs, they don't show how her cheeks turn rosy every time I admire her body.

I can get lost in her. Everything about her feels like a dream. A dream that has been going on for half a year already. A dream I hope I never wake up from.

If anyone would have told me I would fall head over heels in love with someone in just one summer, I would have told them they are insane. I'm the type of person who plans, who makes sure everyone is one time, that we have everything we might need. I'm not someone who is ruled by their emotions. Not until I met her.

"Seriously Matt, if you keep giving me those heart eyes I might jump your bones right here in the middle of the restaurant."

"There's plenty of time for that, baby. Keep it in your pants will you?"

"Hear who's talking, mister insatiable."

"Now, now. Let's head out, shall we? I thought we could walk around the city before heading back to yours."

"Oh yes, that's a good idea. I definitely need some exercise after eating all of this. I definitely have to go for a run tomorrow."

"Give me a few weeks and I may start joining you on your runs."

"Really? That would be so fun!"

"Yeah, I've been going to the gym with Evan lately. Haven't you noticed my incredible biceps and abs yet?"

"No you must have left them in Sheffield."

"Ha ha. Just wait till I throw you over my shoulder and carry you straight to your bed."

"I'm not stopping you."

A giggle escapes her and from the look on her face I can tell she's imagining the scene. It would be quite the sight, me carrying her through the city centre.

The city looks wonderful tonight. The light from the streetlamps illuminates the historical buildings. The bright stars in the clear night sky showing us the way back to Meg's flat.

"You should have seen this street when all the Christmas lights were still up. It looked like a true regency fairy tale."

"I'll make sure to be here with you next year on Christmas."

"Who knows where we'll be by then. It's crazy to think that my time at uni will be over in a few months."

"As long as we're together I don't care where we are. All I want is to be able to come home to you. To wake up next to you every morning."

"First I need to find a job. And you have to as well. What if we end up across the country from each other?"

"I can be an urban planner everywhere. The Great Britain is filled with old cities that need new buildings and streets. We'll figure it out, we have time before we have to make these kind of decisions."

"Yeah, that's true. Alright, let's forget about these depressing thoughts. So what are we doing the rest of the weekend? I suggest my bed and very little clothes."

"Sounds like a solid plan. What's the shortest way back? Because I'm not planning on freezing my bum off any longer if I can have you naked in bed instead."