Chapter 18

Matthew

"Dude, when did that happen?"

"I'm pretty sure you saw it happening so just about then would be a good guess."

"You know what I mean? When did you go from having a major crush on her to full on making out with her?"

"Around fifteen minutes before you walked in. Although we did kiss after the party a few days ago but we were both drunk."

"Wind back for a second. First off, how come we never heard anything about a kiss that happened a few days ago? Secondly, catch me up. I'm assuming it was Megan that our boy was caught making out with?"

"You won't believe it Evan. I went to Megan's room to ask if she wanted to watch the movie with us and to ask if she knew were Matthew was. What I find is the two of them on her bed full on making out!"

"Man, you finally made a move!"

***

Waking up never felt so good. Normally after a dream you wake up disappointed that that isn't your real life. But this morning I know I'm not just dreaming. Of course, there were a lot of things that happened in my dream that didn't happen. Yet. But Megan was real. And we really made out last night.

I just lay in bed a little longer, thinking about last night. I know how I've felt about her for days. For years actually, if I'm being honest. But the way she kissed me back last night. How she deepened the kiss more than once, her hands going through my hair. I know she feels it too.

"Has anyone been in the bathroom already?"

Logan and I both say no and look up to see what's going on. Evan is standing in the doorway of the bathroom and when I look up I can see the floor is wet and there's water dripping down a wall.

"I think something might be wrong then."

"You think so? Maybe it's just for decoration."

Before my friends can get in a fight I tell them to get all of our stuff out of the bathroom and I go looking for Adele. Luckily we didn't have a lot of stuff in there, so only some towels got soaked, but with the amount of water already on the floor and the continuous drip, it will find its way into the bedroom soon enough.

Luckily Adele is quick to call some people but apparently due to the heavy rain of yesterday, a lot of houses have water problems and the soonest someone can come to fix it is tomorrow. We cleaned up most of the water, but it's no use since more water just keeps on running down the wall.

Adele tells us we can use the spare room upstairs. We pack all of our stuff and head up the flight of stairs. The only problem is that when we get to the room, there's only a queen-sized bed. Two people can easily fit in, but all three of us? That will never work.

Just then, Megan walk out of her room. Her hair is still wet, she must have just showered after her morning walk. Adele fills her in on what's going on in our room and that we're a bed short in the guest room. Megan immediately says someone can sleep in her room for the time-being.

"Great Megan! Thank you so much! Evan, grab your bag, we're taking the spare room and Matthew can stay with Megan."

Before I can even go against Logan's idea, the guys have already disappeared behind the bedroom door. Adele just seems to be glad she doesn't need to go looking for a camping bed and goes back downstairs muttering something in Greek. That leaves Megan and me standing in the hallway.

"Well, come in then. Make yourself at home."

I've been in her room before, I've even lain on her bed before, but the idea that I'll actually be sleeping here tonight makes my mind go into complete overdrive and my blood starts flowing faster. Have I thought about her naked? Yes. Do I get hard just thinking about that? Also yes. Do I have enough self-control to keep my excitement at bay when her body will be next to mine an entire night? Let's pray I do. My worst nightmare at this point is to embarrass myself and getting a boner when we're just lying next to each other may do just that.

"Anything you want to do today? The weather is still bad, it's cold and I wouldn't be surprised if there will be some more rain later today. It's real British weather."

"As if we don't get enough of that back home. Want to watch a movie or something?"

Megan opens Netflix on the TV and we pick a random movie. We get comfortable on the bed, just like we did last night. Only now I think we both know what can and maybe will happen later.

It's when she puts her head on my chest and I let my hand wander through her hair that I know I love her. Maybe it's too soon, but deep down I've known there was something more between us since the moment I saw her three years ago. I don't even care about what anyone else thinks, I know mum will love her and that's enough for me. I love Megan Brown.