Chapter 31

MEGAN

The baking this morning was fun, even though I may have been a little strict on the guys. When I'm baking I get in this sort of trance, and it's better to just let me do my thing. Although it is fun to joke around with the guys. Matthew and I share our sarcasm we love to roast not just each other but the guys as well. Not that they don't like making fun of us, especially after we come out of my room together in the morning. We also really got into pranking each other as well. The guys have been pranking each other since the moment they met years ago and I was happy to join in. We did plenty of joking after Matthew and I joined them at the beach. From chasing each other over the hot sand or pushing each other under water in the ocean. We laughed our asses off all afternoon.

I'm glad I made friends with the three of them. A bit more than friends with one of them. Logan and I live pretty close together, only a few blocks away from each other. He even asked me if I was looking for a roommate since he doesn't like his. Matthew quickly ended that idea saying it would be better for everyone if I wasn't sharing the flat with anyone. When Logan heard the whole, doing long distance and Matthew coming to visit some weekends story, he quickly changed his mind and decided his roommate would be better than hearing us all weekend.

I won't deny that. If I have to go without Matthew most days of the week, I'll definitely plan on using the days we do spend together fully.

When Adele's friends came over after dinner, she gave us a box full with all the things we baked this morning and the things she made herself. The pastries turned out even better than expected and the guys were praising themselves non-stop about their own baking skills. We went back to the beach, playing music and eating the rest of the cakes. It was just a chill evening, ending with our stomachs over full and our sugar levels in a huge peak. There were barely any people on the beach so we could just play our music without bothering other people. I felt so free, hanging out with my friends, listening to music, eating good food and just dancing around on the beach.

Matthew slept in my room again, we were glad with the noise from downstairs, so they wouldn't hear us. Ever since I had sex with Matthew the day before, nothing else has been on my mind. I don't even know how I went over a year without sex. Although I'm very sure that it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as with Matthew. There's something else about sex with someone you love.

This morning, we decided to rent some bikes and cycle around the island. Today, the weather is not as good as the other days, so it's perfect weather to do something active. I don't cycle often, only in the gym probably. The guys don't either, but we get used to the bikes soon enough. Driving around with a car doesn't bring you to all the small towns with the most beautiful viewpoints. And hiking around the whole island will take way too long. Biking is the perfect in-between. It's fast enough, but we do get to see all the beautiful places on the island.

Last minute, we got Evan and Logan to ask their crushes along with us. So now Andrew and Maya join us and with the six of us, we set out to discover the most beautiful places around the island. They have been spending time together whenever the whole group together but I think it's time that they spend some more time together without all of my other friends around us. And Matthew and I will be too preoccupied with each other to mind their business. Although we might sneak in a glance every now and then. Cannot help being curious. I don't know how things will go for them once the guys have to go back to England, hell, I don't even know how things with Matthew and I will go and we'll be living in the same country. Just seeing their smiles when they get to spend time together is enough for me to believe they'll at least stay in touch.

Even though the island is filled with tourists most of the year, some small towns remained mostly untouched. Having Andrew and Maya with us makes it easier to discover the island since they speak Greek and some people, especially the elderly citizens, don't always speak English. I speak a little Greek, but nowhere near good enough to have a decent conversation with people.

We find a small restaurant with amazing food and some very cute souvenir shops where I buy some things to give to Matthews mum as a gift for when I go to visit them soon. The buildings we see along the way are beautiful and Matthew tells us more about some structures and building techniques. He makes a lot of pictures and notes, saying he got a lot of ideas to work out at home.

It's so fun to hang out with everyone and I'm really going to miss the boys when they go home in two days. I cannot believe the summer went by this quickly. I'm leaving the island in less than a week already.

Long-distance with Matthew won't be easy, especially when we will both have busy schedules. I've gotten so used to us being together almost all the time, sleeping in the same bed. It will be weird to no have that all the time. We both have a car and it's only a three and a half hour drive, so it will be doable to visit each other on the weekends, but that doesn't mean I'm liking it.

For now I'm just going to have to make the most of the last two days we have together. We will only have to be apart for like ten days before I'll be driving to his family's house. It's only ten days, we can call and text as much as we want. But still, he won't be next to me when I fall asleep nor when I wake up. We won't have coffee together in the mornings, won't look at the stars together at night.

I know I'm being dramatic. What the hell is ten days. His mum will probably give birth around that time, so Matthew will be busy enough helping out at home and taking care of his brother. I will be meeting with my brother, whom I only got to know about 5 days ago.

I have plenty of stuff to do at my flat. After not being there for almost a month, I will probably have plenty to clean, I need to do groceries, a lot of them since I had to empty out my whole fridge before I left. I also need to go buy a new desk. I had an old second-hand desk, but it gave up on me in the last few weeks of school. I absolutely cannot study in the library. Having so many people around me is way too distracting, I'll just end up people staring. Maybe I'll even go buy some plants. I always love the whole plan aesthetic, but I'm not too good at keeping them alive. A friend at uni told me some plants that are almost impossible to kill, so I'll give those a shot.