᯽ • 13 𝖶𝗈𝗋𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖠𝗉𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗂𝗓𝗂𝗇𝗀 • ᯽

AS THE DAYS unfolded before me, I tried my best to avoid Daniel - more than before. It should have been easy considering that I was too much of a child to handle the pain on my ankle that came while I walked. Instead of just being cooped up in my room by my lonesome, Daniel was around more often. He was like my personal nurse always at my beck and call - even when I didn't exactly call.

He wasn't hovering but he always made sure I was comfortable and had what I needed. He'd occasionally come sit with me in my room, no longer than five minutes each time. He would ask me questions about trivial things like what my favorite colour was (purple), when I started reading (age 10) and a lot more questions to get an insight about me. And more than once over the last week he had urged me to try walking, I got in steps but like I said - I couldn't handle the pain.

Abigail came to visit me almost everyday once she heard about my ankle. Let's not even begin on the number of times she (and Daniella and Emilio) teased me due to the way I was injured -yeah I get it, me running was truly unbelievable.

By the second week I was mostly healed and could finally walk on my own two feet without wincing in pain. I prayed that it was the first and last time I'd sprained my ankle - the experience was more uncomfortable than I had imagined.

Me back to walking meant me finally out of bed and unfortunately not have my nose inside a book like I had did everyday in the last two weeks. Me walking also meant that I could finally begin my new job. Daniella had finally finished her shop and opened a few days ago. Word of her shop was finally getting out and she needed my help now more than anything and I was gladly willing.

I decided to curl my hair today and I was more than thrilled to have something to dress up for. The pass two weeks sitting at home wasn't all that fun and I was lazy for the whole duration of it (not that I'm complaining about sitting around all day). I decided to wear a pretty blue versace mini dress -one of my favorites. It was silk, sleeveless and fitted every part of me perfectly.

Once I was ready, make up and all, I grabbed my handbag and I was on my way to work. Daniella manage to buy a shop that was in the heart of the Bentley Hills to set up her boutique. The roads were busy, as expected at midday. Groups of girls walked hand in hand, their personal drivers following behind like puppies, holding many shopping bags. Businessmen in neat suits were out for lunch. Their expressions turbulent, grim even.

Daniella's boutique was easy to detect. The building was designed to be extremely classical. The whole building was white with arcs and gave of a very retro classy vibe. The front of the boutique was glass, mannequins decorated with elegant clothing were displayed through the windows. Above the window a big sign read Lekara. She'd named it after her late mother. I parked my car behind Daniella's, she'd made a reserved parking for me.

The interior of the shop was more beautiful than the exterior. Inside bright lights were above me. The shop was painted a lavender colour, matching the colour of the sign outside. The shop was small yet arranged to be spacious. Racks of clothing were placed vertically. More exclusive work were placed on the egdges against the walls. A handful of ladies were scattered around the shop, admiring and sizing clothing against themselves.

Daniella immediately noticed me. She was speaking to an older lady, obviously urging her about buying the nude colored shirt the lady was looking at. Daniella excused herself and found her way to me.

"You made it!" She pulled me into a tight embrace, softly swaying us from side to side.

"Of course," I said once I'd broken free. "Is everything going well here?"

"It's certainly getting busier with each passing day," she says looking around the shop. "I'm surprised Daniel let you leave the house," she said turning back to me, grinning. Yeah I've really been treated like a child once I got injured. It was infuriating to say the least.