᯽• 4 𝖢𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖪𝗂𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀 •᯽

THE NEXT DAY Daniel and Daniella were back at the house in the morning. It was the day we officially moved.

The shipment trucks were ready and waiting outside. We all put hands together and brought down all the boxes which was a lot.

I sat on the porch for a moment to catch my breath. My eyes wandered to Daniel who was looking like a whole meal.

He wore a black vest which did well for his entire torso. His muscles flexed as he carried boxes to the truck. There was sweat everywhere and damn did he look tasty.

"Hey Cornillia," my brother came and sat beside me on the porch, automatically clearing my mind of thoughts. That's the last of the boxes, he said.

"So that's it huh?" I sighed sadly as I looked to the ground, negotiating with myself to not cry.

"Come here C bear," my brother opened his arms for me. We shared a long tight embrace without saying anything. There was nothing to say because we understood each other.

My brother and I fought a lot, yes, but we were always there for each other especially after my dads accident. My brother and my relationship was incredibly weird, one minute I'm Cornillia and the next I'm sweet C bear, frankly no one could understand the relationship we shared.

Honestly even I didn't understand it at times but I guess that's the thing about siblings.

Emilio and I shared the type of relationship that if he got hurt, I'd be crying. If someone had to insult him, I'd get offended.

But we also shared a relationship where we would argue and fight over the most dumb shit, all roast each other like all the time.

Like I said, that's the thing about siblings.

Emilio and I rarely got all gooey and we definitely weren't the hugging type, so it really made my heart ache ( in a good way) to feel the love I could only get from him. The comfort I could only get from him.

A tear rolled down my cheek and quickly wiped it away before pulling back. Even Emilio's eyes were glassy. I knew it affected him as much him as much as me even though he played it coy and tried to behave like he was 10% with my mother and her decisions.

"You guys are all packed," Daniella walked over to us. She was still intimidatingly beautiful even though she was drenched in sweat and her bun was all over the place.

"The trucks are going to head back to the Laughlin mansion," Daniel stood directly in my line of vision.

I nodded and woke up from the porch floor. "I just need a moment to say goodbye," I told them hoping I would get some alone time.

As I walked inside, Emilio followed behind. I first went upstairs to all the bedrooms.

I don't know what made me go into my parent's room but I did. Everything was still in place since my mother wanted to leave behind most of her things to start afresh.

I had kept most of my father's things ever since my mother started dating a long time ago. My dad died when I was 8 and my mum had her first date when I was 12.

I wasn't angry with my mother or anything. I had come to terms a long time ago, that she deserves to be happy.

There was a painting hanging on the wall opposite the bed. I'd recognize it anywhere. It was a painting my dad did when he was first started dating my mother.

It was a painting of a lady using a long floral dress. Deloria, he called her. He always told me that, that was his best piece of work because he was genuinely happy when he did it.