᯽• 1 Meeting 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖦𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 •᯽

"CECILIA ELIZABETH MIKAELSON!" my mother yelled with fists pounding on the door.

"I'll be down in a minute!" In actual fact, I was deciding what the hell I should wear.

My mother, Eleanor Mikaelson, was a single mother to my brother and I, she was also the girlfriend to the town's richest businessman, Harvey Laughlin.

My mother was not with him for the money if thats what you're thinking. It was the complete opposite. It was safe to say they were madly in love with each other after a year of dating. Harvey had invited us all over for dinner tonight for a sudden announcement he just had to tell us about today.

I've been cooped up in my room the entire day reading that I didn't realize when the time went by. We were meant to be leaving in an hour and I was still in my underwear staring into my untidy cupboard.

Truthfully, I had no intention of going for this thing. It wasn't really my scene. I was too what we call unladylike to be a part of this godforsaken dinner. The last dinner was a total wreck. All you need to know was that I was high so you can imagine how pretty that scene looked.

I finally decided on wearing a navy blue pleated skirt with a cute pullover and my favorite white sneakers. I let down my long, wavy brunette hair and just added a light touch of makeup. I felt like using my lady danger lipstick so I fished it out of my chaotic makeup bag and the instant I applied it, I felt like a freakin goddess. I glanced at myself in the mirror, silently thanking myself for shaving the day before.

I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs where my mother and devil-like older brother awaited

"About time," my mother said as she applied her nude lipstick using her pocket mirror. My mother was gorgeous if I must say so myself. She would most definitely pass for my sister if she did look anything like me. She was dressed elegantly in a white jumpsuit and her favorite pearl necklace decorated her neck.

I took a glance at my brother who was texting away on his phone. He was dressed like his usual self, skinny black jeans, and a body fitting shirt. Emilio was the opposite of me, he had blonde hair and icy blue eyes exactly like my mother whereas I had taken traits from my father, brunette hair, and hazel eyes.

We all slipped into my brother's red Chevrolet Camero and headed for the Laughlin mansion which was about a 10-minute drive away.

"Please behave today," my mother says peeking at me through the review mirror as we waited for the traffic light to turn green.

"Yes mother," I sigh and look out the window.

"Cecilia? And behaving? I would love to see that combination," my annoying brother turned from the passenger seat to mock me.

"Oh, dont be such a prick, " I growl at him.

"Language Cecilia!" my mother shouted.

I simply rolled my eyes and focused on looking at the beautiful sunset outside the window.