𝘰𝘯𝘦.

[ ᴇ ᴅ ɪ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅ ]

[ ᴇ ᴅ ɪ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅ ]

ιt was a disaster. his kingdom was slowly tearing apart. his people were fighting against each other, the economy was terrible, the citizens were leaving. his parents didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to do. they were so desperate.

"the only way to solve this is to be helped by another kingdom." the king said, walking around the room, anxious. "the most convenient and closer one is the jeon kingdom, but we don't have any daughters to marry the prince! we only have taehyung!"

"and what is the problem?" the queen asked, looking over at her son, who was frowning in worry while listening to his dad. "you know that taehyung likes boys."

"yeah, but the prince jeon doesn't." the man sighed, holding the bridge of his nose in between his fingers. "we have to come up with something. our kingdom is dying. the people are leaving."

"maybe we could pretend you died, and mom seduces the king and makes him break up with his wife, and then mom becomes the queen of the jeon kingdom, and then the other queen finds out you're not actually dead and marries you. mom unites the kingdoms and we live happily every after. like an exchange of queens!" taehyung suggested, patting himself in the back for coming up with such a brilliant idea. he looked around the room, hoping to see people nodding and praising him for being such a smart boy.

but all he got was weirded out looks from his mother, his father, and even his childhood friend, who normally agreed with him on everything.

"well, i don't see you bringing up any other solutions." he rolled his eyes, crossing his arms and looking away with a frown.

"darling, you're smart and charming, but that was just a terrible idea." his mother reassured, his friend jimin nodding in agreement.

"maybe this isn't the best idea i've ever had, but... you said the prince doesn't like boys, right? and you only have a son..." jimin started, letting the sentence dissolve in the air while rocking his body back and forth.

the four of them exchanged looks, taehyung's face turning into one of worry when they all ended up looking at him. "what?"

"oh my god, jimin! that is so brilliant!" his mother cried, his father nodding eagerly.

"i don't think i'm following you guys-"

"that's it! we'll turn taehyung into a princess!" the queen jumped out of her seat, too excited to finally find a solution to all of their problems.

"mom, i know you always wanted a girl instead of me, but this is too much. i will not do that." he refused, frowning as he talked.

"taehyung, this is the best of the ideas!" his father joined, jimin clapping happily, glad that he could be helpful.

"what the hell, dad? besides, have you heard my voice? it's so deep! how can i hide that i'm a man having a voice like this?"

"don't you brag everyday that you're an amazing actor?" jimin asked, raising his eyebrows, laughing slightly when his best friend shot him a deadly glare. "remember when you played one of the ugly stepsisters in third grade, because there were only four girls in the classroom?"

"that was a really long time ago, jimin. i am a good actor, but being a male, of course! i don't think this is a good idea-"

"taehyung, don't you want to save your kingdom?" jimin interrupted, crossing his arms, looking at his best friend with his head tilted.

"i do, i really do, but... is this really the only way to do it?" he sighed, feeling defeated. "is humiliating myself and pretending to be someone that i'm not the only way?"

"yes, so we have to prepare everything." the queen said, walking up to his son and placing a sweet kiss on the blond's forehead. "i never wanted a girl dummy, i love you just the way you are, my little handsome boy."

taehyung smiled and nodded, looking over to his father, who had a smile on his face too. "...okay, i guess i could pretend to be a princess for a couple of days. how hard can it be, right?"

let's talk about the kingdom before all of this happened. the kim kingdom was one of peace and serenity. it was one of the only kingdoms who were really accepting, meaning that it was one of the only kingdoms who accepted and supported relationships and marriages between people of the same gender.

taehyung lived happily, most of the time with the company of his best friend park jimin, who grew up with him. he was the prince's personal knight, meant to protect him at all costs. he promised loyalty to the kim family since he was a child, and he kept his promise, even when his own parents left the kingdom.

now, you may be wondering, what made such a beautiful and peaceful place to turn into such a disaster? well, hate did. people who didn't believe in equality started attacking the citizens, vandalizing the streets, attacking the kingdom. all because they had a head full of shit, mad because the king and queen didn't think like they did.

they were all terrified, the citizens moving to different lands, scared for their lives. but the king didn't want to fight fire with fire, he believed that talking calmly was the solution.

taehyung thought his dad was an idiot.

that's how they ended up here, the king, the queen, the prince and the prince's personal knight, sitting on their thrones (jimin standing beside taehyung's throne), coming to a solution which consisted in the prince pretending to be a girl.

you see, no one really knew who taehyung was; his parents didn't show the boy to the world, wanting him to grow up first and be able to handle being the prince himself. but days before that could happen, all the chaos began.

so it was an advantage. no one knew how the boy looked like, so faking being a princess would be easier.

"now, i wanna do the makeover. i have some old dresses of when i was skinnier, they will look great on you!" the excitement of his mom came back, the lady clapping with a smile.

"this is going to be harder than i expected." taehyung sighed, jimin laughing while covering his mouth. the king smiled, walking up to taehyung and affectively ruffling his hair.

"thank you for doing this, little prince." he offered his fist to his son, the boy bumping it and making an explosion sound.

and that's where the journey of pretending to be a princess began for taehyung.