𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺.

ᴛhe sun was shining brightly that morning, the rays hitting the boys' peaceful sleeping faces delicately, product of the prince forgetting to draw the curtains

ᴛhe sun was shining brightly that morning, the rays hitting the boys' peaceful sleeping faces delicately, product of the prince forgetting to draw the curtains. it didn't seem to bother either of them, who were hugging each other, resting from the wonderful night before. the night that would stay in their brain forever.

sudden desperate knocks on the door were enough to startle them, waking them up from their somber abruptly. jimin didn't wait for an answer, opening the door with fear drawn on his face.

"the kings and queens are here!" he said, breathless, his chest going up and down heavily. he ran all the way towards prince jeon's room.

it took them a second to analyze what the knight was saying. taehyung was the first one to catch on, quickly standing up only wearing his boxers. he clumsily ran towards the door, slipping and tripping with his own feet, leaving the room and running to his own. jimin closed the door as soon as he stepped out and ran after him.

once they safely entered the blond's room, they both took big gasps or air, the adrenaline rushing through their veins. "when did they get here?"

"like five minutes ago." he answered, watching how taehyung hurried to get his wig. "you're crazy for staying at jungkook's room, what if they saw you?"

"they didn't, that's what matters." he said, brushing his wig and putting it on. "thank you, jiminie."

both princes got ready after having that mini crisis they fronted, soon hearing their mothers' voices calling out for them. once they were ready, they left their rooms, gave an amused look to each other and went down the stairs.

"good morning, jungkook and kyung!" the queen jeon smiled, handing out bags for them. "we got you presents!"

they opened their gifts, jungkook receiving a souvenir from the kingdom they were visiting and taehyung receiving a beautiful blue dress.

"thank you! it's gorgeous." taehyung said, going back to his high-pitched voice, looking at the dress with a smile on his face.

jungkook thanked too, both the queens now going on and on about their trip. they talked about the people they saw, how their husbands slept most of the ride and that the weather was lovely those days.

"and what did you guys do around here while we were gone?" the queen jeon asked, jungkook smiling lightly at that question.

"we did some archery." he answered, taehyung nodding with a forced smile. "and we walked around the castle, and talked... you know, normal stuff."

"well, as long as you were getting along, i'm
glad to hear it." queen kim smiled, not failing to notice how fake her son's smile turned. she'll ask about it later. "i don't know about you guys, but i'm starving."

they all sat down and had breakfast, telling the princes and the knights about their experience in another kingdom. they all listened and laughed, enjoying their food with a smile.

"well, i have to get back to my royal duties." the queen jeon sighed, standing up when she finished eating. "care to come with me, queen kim?"

the king jeon sighed, standing up too. "i need more vacations." he said, taking a glance at the big clock that stood proudly at the corner of the dining room. "we have a meeting with someone in like, two hours? i didn't even want to get up my bed."

the kings left the table too, the knights and princes being the only ones now in the room. "so, had fun last night?" jimin asked with an amused smile.

"i don't know, did you?" taehyung answered. "how weird that our personal knights didn't come to look after us all night, when it's literally their only job..."

"we don't have to talk about that stuff." yoongi interrupted, jimin's cheeks turning a slight pink after being the one who ended up teased. "your vacations ended now too, you have royal duties to attend. i heard that the future queen and king have to go and read for the children at the library to show their loyalty to the kingdom's people."

"and reading shows that?" jeon frowned, confused.

"it shows that you want the younger ones to learn and make the world a better place." jimin answered.

that's how they ended up at the library, different boys and girls making a circle around them and looking at them in admiration.

"you're really handsome, prince jeon!" a little girl said with a smile, which made jungkook smile too.

"thank you-"

"the princess kim is just as beautiful, too." another girl said, a few other ones nodding in agreement.

"aw, thank-"

"i'm better looking than both of them." a little boy said, jealous of the compliments that they were receiving.

"yes, you are." taehyung giggled, the boy proudly raising his chin at the two girls. "you're all beautiful."

"how do you feel about being the soon-to-be-queen?" another little girl asked, twirling a blonde lock of her hair around her finger, looking up at taehyung curiously.

"i'm very excited." taehyung smiled. "i can't wait."

"i'm sure you'll be the best queen ever." the girl said. "not that the queen jeon is bad or anything, but, you know..."

"we'll be the best queen and king ever." jeon assured, fixing his sitting position and picking up another short story book. "now, who wants to listen about the adventures of the three little pigs?"

they continued to read stories and laugh with the kids for some more hours. they both took glances at each other from time to time, admiring how good they were with kids and even wondering if they would have some of their own.

when the royal duty was over, they went back to the castle. they decided to walk, since it wasn't far from where they were and they wanted to spend some time together.

"so, you like kids, huh?" jungkook asked, watching how taehyung walked with a little smile on his face.

"i do." he nodded. "they're so cute."

"you're cute." he smiled, taehyung slightly blushing at the sudden compliment. "but yeah, they are. and you're really good with them."

"you are, too, even if you try to be the grumpy bad guy sometimes."

"well, how will we name our kids then?" he chuckled.

taehyung smiled too. "i really like the name yeontan, i don't know."

"yeontan? that sounds like a dog's name." jungkook laughed, shaking his head. "we still have a lot of time to decide."

they continued walking side by side, holding hands like two inexpert lovers. because that's what they were, at the end. two boys who were starting to feel genuine love, but so new to all of it.

"i adore spending time with you." taehyung said, the smile on his lips never leaving.

"i adore spending time with you, too."

they kissed. a soft, tender kiss, full of carefulness and promises.

they were feeling so happy...

"taehyung." jimin breathed out when he saw the blond once they arrived at that castle's doors, his face pale and full of worry.

"don't call me that." taehyung hissed, but soon enough his face went just as pale when he saw the furious face the queen jeon had.

"don't call you what? by your real name, kyung?"

...until they weren't.