she falls asleep on you

Liz yawned as she walked through the front door. She was worn out after her busy day, dragging her feet with every step she took.

She wanted nothing more than to curl up on your lap and feel the warmth of your arms. She dreaded going up the stairs, which is where she thought you were.

But thankfully, as she took off her shoes, she heard your voice coming from the staircase as you called out for her.

"Liz?"

She looked up at you and tried to speak, only to yawn again.

You walked down the stairs and over to her, where you put your arms around her and hugged her tight. You rubbed her back soothingly as she relaxed into your touch.

She dropped her cheek onto your shoulder and let her eyes close as the weight on her shoulders lifted for the first time all day.

"Did you have a good day?"

"Yeah. Just sleepy now, that's all."

You pulled away and took her hand. Staring into her eyes, you brought her hand to your lips to place a few kisses along her knuckles.

"Come on, baby." You smiled sweetly and led her up the stairs to your shared room.

You sat on the bed and pulled her down with you. Her head gently fell onto your lap and she finally began to feel content.

"I love you." She whispered and then hummed softly as you began to brush her hair with your fingers. "So much."

"Love you, Liz. Just take it easy. You had a long day, you've been working so hard lately, and you need to rest."

She nodded slowly, already starting to fall asleep. She felt so relaxed, so peaceful, from your warm and comforting touch.

"Thanks for always making me feel better." She said and cracked a smile as you started to pepper kisses across her head and forehead.

"You know I'd do anything for you. Now, get some sleep. I'll be right here to hold you until you wake up." You promised and watched her drift off to sleep.

You watched her chest rise and fall steadily and brushed one hand along her shoulder, the other running through her hair the way you know she loves. The way that always makes her melt.

"Sleep well, angel." You said and kissed her forehead lovingly a few more times, watching her smile in her sleep and cling to you to keep you close as she slept soundly and dreamt about you.