she wants your attention (requested)

Liz let out a sigh of boredom as she put her phone down.

She was tired of scrolling through social media, feeling the exhaustion from it all starting to flood over her.

She needed to disconnect from it for a while, especially since she had a long day, to begin with.

She was sitting in bed beside you and more than anything, she wanted to hold you in her arms and forget about the rest of the world for a while as you two spend some much-needed time together and cuddle.

It sounded like the perfect way to spend the rest of the evening.

But there was one slight issue with that - you were occupied.

You were very into the newest book that you got a couple of days ago and today was your off day, so you finally had a chance to read it.

You were very into the story.

Everything about it was perfect and it's by one of your favorite authors, so it made it even more amazing.

The plot was perfect and had you hooked from the second you started reading.

And you're so into the book that you haven't looked away since Liz arrived home.

You gave her a kiss but that was about all you'd done with her since she arrived home a little while ago and Liz has to admit that she was a little sad about that.

"My love," She said as she tapped your shoulder.

"What?" You asked as you turned the page.

"Do you want to cuddle?"

"In a bit. I'm reading, babe."

She frowned and stared at her lap.

She figured she could find something to do until you were done and ready to spend some time with her.

But after just a moment of picking her phone back up, she was bored and wanted only you.

She scooted closer to you and put her head on your shoulder before pouting.

"Baby," She whined. "Please pay attention to me."

You chuckled over how needy she was being.

"Babe," She whined again before she began to repeatedly tap your arm. "Baby, baby, baby!"

You looked away from your book and gazed at her.

"Yes, my love?"

"Put that book down and pay attention to me." She pouted.

"But, baby, I'm really into it."

She put her head on your chest and snuggled up to you before bookmarking your page and then closing your book.

She put it on her nightstand, far out of your reach.

She then looked back at you and smiled from ear to ear.

"Alright, fine, cutie. What do you want to do?"

"Cuddle!" She said before she pulled away and put her head on her pillow.

She opened her arms for you and as soon as you were in them, she tangled her legs with yours and held your hands in hers.

"That's so much better." She said with a bright smile, her eyes locking with yours.

"It is." You agreed.

"I'm better than your book?"

"You, my girl, are better than everything. I love you."

"I love you too." She said before kissing your lips.

She was much happier now that she had all of your attention and she wouldn't be letting you go for the rest of the night.