she wants to cuddle

She dragged her feet as she walked through the front door. It was getting late and she's been feeling exhausted over the last few hours. She had left early this morning for a big, busy day and she was happy to finally be home with you.

The living room was quiet and empty, so she climbed the stairs as quickly as she could. Her pace was slow; one step at a time as she tried to keep her heavy eyes open. She walked through the dark hallway to your shared bedroom where you laid in bed; already under the covers and flipping through the channels to find something to watch.

"Liz!" You smiled and sat up when you saw her walking into the room. "How was your day?" You asked curiously but all you got in return was a little grunt as she climbed under the covers with you. You gave her a sad smile and started to comb your fingers through her hair. The brush of your fingers calmed her down; like always.

"Give me cuddles." She mumbled and hummed as she opened her arms for you to crawl in. However, when a moment of emptiness passed by, her eyes flew open and a pout appeared on her lips. "Please, baby?"

"Okay. In one second. I know you're gonna fall asleep. You look exhausted. So I think we should get you out of your clothes and into something cozier."

When you got out of bed she was whining and rolling around uncomfortably. Even though you knew she was tired and it always makes your heart sink slightly in your chest knowing how hard she works, you couldn't help but find it heartwarming how she only seemed to want you there with her.

You went through all the clothes in the closet till you stumbled upon the one thing you knew she'd love to wear - your fluffy sweater.

"Here. I think you'll be nice and cozy in this." You said and held the sweater in the tips of your fingers for her to see. For a second, the tired look in her eyes was overshadowed by the sparkle that appeared at the mention of wearing your sweater.

She sat up and shrugged her shirt off and pulled your sweater over her head afterward. She changed out of her pants and into a pair of shorts. She threw her dirty clothes onto the ground.

"You're picking those up later." You teased but all she did was nod her head in agreement.

"That's fair, baby, and I'm more than happy to do so. I just wanna cuddle with my girl for a while. My day wasn't so great, I need you!" She whined adorably.

"Okay, fine. You're too cute to ever say no to." You said as you pulled your blanket back and laid down next to her. She scooted closer to you. Head falling to your shoulder, her warm breath fanned over your skin and her soft lips brushed over your collarbone and neck; just to give you a little love that you needed as much as she did.

"Happy now, darling?" You asked as you rubbed your hand along her back.

"Almost." She mumbled and gazed into your eyes and she tangled her legs with yours. "There. Now i'm very happy."

"You're adorable." You whispered in her ear as she breathed softly against your skin. "I love you. I'm always happy to give you cuddles, my girl."

It was silent for a moment and you figured she'd fallen asleep, until she said, "Love you more, Y/N."

A bright smile tugged at your lips and you turned your focus back to the channel so she could rest peacefully.