she wakes you up with kisses

"Y/N? Your alarm keeps going off." Liz whined as she rolled over to face you.

She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and tried to block out the constant annoying beeping sound, but it was too obnoxious to ignore. Her lips parted as she began to speak. But she didn't even get one word out before she went quiet once more.

You were still sound asleep and though she knew that you both had places to be today, she couldn't find it in her to shake you awake or to tell you to shut it off. You looked too precious.

She reached over and turned it off for you. She went to pull her hand back, but she couldn't resist the urge to caress your face. Her fingers brushed along your cheek lovingly and she cracked a smile upon hearing the soft sounds fall from your lips. You stirred but you didn't wake up.

She looked at the clock on the wall. She felt a little sad to see that you both only had so much time before you had to leave the house.

She let out a sad sigh and kissed your jaw softly. "Y/N? Baby, we need to get up and get going." She mumbled against your skin but you only grunted and pulled at the blankets. "I know you don't wanna get up, angel. Trust me, if we could I'd spend the entire day here in bed with you. But we both have places to be and jobs to do."

You pulled the blanket over your head when she whispered yet another 'wake up' in your ear.

"No." you muttered, causing her to chuckle.

"C'mon, baby girl." She whispered as she pulled the blanket off of your head and down to your shoulders. Right after, she began to pepper kisses across your face. "I know you don't wanna get up but just think of it this way; the sooner we begin moving and get going, the sooner we can come home and cuddle and get more sleep."

You opened your eyes, although you quickly closed them again when she began to trail kisses along your jawline. "If this is the way you're trying to get me to move out of bed, it's not gonna help."

She giggled and kissed back up to your face, leaving soft little kisses across your cheeks and then the corners of your lips. "My baby." She whispered then kissed your lips. "Let's tackle this day. It'll be good and it'll be worth it when we get to come home to each other tonight."

You sighed but nodded your head anyways.

You felt her lips on yours once more before you opened your eyes.

"Love you." She whispered.

"Love you too. Come on, let's do this." You mumbled as you sat up and took her hand to lead her out of bed and into the bathroom.