she thinks you were in an accident (requested)

"Y/n," Liz sighed as she reached your voicemail once more. "You're really worrying me. You're almost an hour late. Are you okay? Will you please call me or text me? You're really worrying me." She stayed on the line for a few seconds even after she finished speaking, hoping you'd pick up your phone and she'd hear your voice. But she hung up when she realized, yet again, that you weren't answering.

The time read that it was nearing one in the morning. You were supposed to be home an hour ago, simply planning on going out with your friends and having some time to unwind. Your friends wanted to go to the club but you didn't plan on drinking much at all since you were the designated driver for the night.

Liz knows you're responsible and you wouldn't ever take any chances. But it was getting late. She hoped you'd just lost track of time, hoping that you were safe still.

To try to take her mind off of you being late, she decided to scroll through her phone. She sat on the sofa, scrolling through the headlines and the news. One in particular caught her eye. It was about an accident that wasn't far from your shared home. Clicking on it, her heart sank deep in her chest. It had to do with a car that looked just like yours, one that was coming home from the same bar you were supposed to be at.

Liz tried not to let it get to her head. Surely, it was just a terrible coincidence. But you're late, really late, and you always let her know if you'll be late so she doesn't worry herself. You haven't called or sent her a single text and it was only natural for her mind to wander.

She called you again, groaning when she reached your voicemail again. But instead of wasting her time leaving you another, she decided she'd go to the bar and see if you were there. She slid on her shoes and grabbed her keys. Throwing the door open, she stared down at the ground and watched her feet move quickly as she exited the house.

But she jumped, even letting out a little shriek when she bumped into someone. She lifted her head and saw you standing in front of her.

"Liz? Are you alright?'

She threw her arms around you, her heart still hammering against her chest.

"You didn't answer your phone! There was an accident with a car that looked like yours that was in an accident and I thought, I thought that," she couldn't even say the words, just looking at you with tears in her eyes.

"I'm okay." You assured her, laying your hand on her shoulder and rubbing it in circles. "I'm so sorry I worried you. The girls all got drunk so it took a little coaxing to get them in the car and I had to drop them off and my phone ended up dying while we were at the bar. I should've used one of their phones but I didn't even think about it."

She shook her head and cupped your cheeks. Her forehead fell onto yours as she breathed out a few heavy sighs of relief.

"It's okay. All that matters is everyone got home safe and that you're here."

"I'm right here, baby." You spoke softly, kissing her forehead softly. "I am really tired though. Think we could go up to bed?"

"Absolutely." She said and intertwined your fingers before leading you inside.