what did you just call me? (requested)

"Movie's over. What should we watch next?" You asked as you lifted your head from Liz's shoulder and reached for the remote, only for her to gently take it out of your grip.

"Hang on a second, my love. Before we turn on something else, I have a question for you."

You nodded and patiently waited for her to tell you whatever it was.

"So, I know this is the first day we've had together in a while due to me being so busy." She breathed out a sad sigh after the word fell from her lips.

You reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze and Liz saw a small smile on your face as your eyes met.

"It is but you know I understand."

"I know. You're amazing." She said as she shook her head with a chuckle. "But I had an idea. Why don't we make tonight even more special? I'll take you to a romantic spot in the city and we can enjoy a nice dinner together."

"Only if you're sure. I'm fine with ordering takeout if you'd rather stay home."

She shook her head as her hands began to shake.

"No, I want to. We're going to have to celebrate so we should make it special."

She kissed your head and pulled her hand out of yours as she reached for her phone.

"Celebrate? What are we celebrating exactly?" You asked as you gazed at her with your eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Did you get a new role? If so, tell me about it! I'm excited to hear it!"

She shook her head as she pressed her phone against her ear, listening to it ring as she called up one of the fanciest spots in the city.

"Hello? Hi, yes. I'd like to get a reservation for tonight." She said as she got through to someone. "How many? Two. For my wife and I."

Your eyes went wide over that one word.

"Okay. Thank you so much! We'll be there at seven."

She ended the call and looked at you, her hands shaking even more than before.

"What did you just call me?" You asked. "Liz, are you serious?"

She reached into the pocket of her shorts before she got up from the couch and got down on one knee.

"Yes." She softly spoke. "This is what we're celebrating tonight, y/n."

You gasped when she opened the small velvet box in her hands, showing you the ring inside.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I feel so lucky to be able to call you mine because you're truly the most wonderful and most beautiful girl in the world. You're always so supportive of me and you always cheer me on no matter what I do and I'm so thankful for you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you because I'm so in love with you. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" You screamed and threw your arms around her, making her grin through her tears.

She pulled away from the hug you were sharing so she could put the ring on your finger.

After, she pulled you in for a kiss and you couldn't help but smile against her lips.

"I love you!" You said.

"I love you more." She smiled and kissed the corners of your lips.

"This ring is so beautiful. Thank you."

"Almost as beautiful as you, my love."

You put your lips back on hers and put your arms around her to pull her close, over the moon with happiness that you were going to be her wife very, very soon.