you meet her parents (requested)

"Are you ready to go in?" Liz asked with a smile on her face as she put the car in park in the driveway of her parents' home.

"No. I'm nervous." You said and then heard Liz let out a small sigh before she took your hand into hers.

"There's no reason for you to be nervous. My parents are wonderful, just like yours are. They're very accepting and supportive of me and they're going to adore you, almost as much as I do."

You cracked a smile and felt comforted by the brush of her thumb along your knuckles. As she pressed a soft kiss to your cheek, your heart fluttered.

"Okay. I'm ready."

She nodded and dropped your hand as you got out of the car, only to take your hand back into hers once again as you walked up the steps.

She opened the door and right away, you heard her parents excitedly yell out her name.

"Liz!" Her mom grinned and you let go of your girlfriend's hand so she could hug her mom while her dad came over to you.

"You must be y/n!" He smiled and you stuck your hand out to shake his, only for him to furrow his eyebrows and then grin and open his arms for you. "None of that, only hugs here."

You smiled and hugged him for a second before pulling back as her mom tapped his shoulder, wanting to give you a hug as well.

"Hi, honey! Liz here talks about you all the time, I feel like I already know you!"

When you pulled away from her you looked at Liz and she nodded, wordlessly telling you that it was all true.

"You're even prettier than she says you are. We're so happy to meet you! You clearly make her happy. Therefore, you're part of the family, too, now."

You grinned and thanked them before they turned around and walked into the kitchen.

You and Liz held hands once more as you followed her parents into the kitchen.

"Is there anything I can do to help out?" You asked and her parents shook their heads.

"No, no. Everything's done. But you're so kind to ask to help, thank you for that." Her mom said and watched with a smile on her face as Liz led you to the table, pulling out a chair for you so you could sit down.

She took a seat beside you as her parents sat across from you.

"Liz told us about your favorite foods, so we made sure to make them for you." Her dad smiled and you looked at Liz, kissing her cheek happily.

"Thank you." You whispered.

"You're welcome." She whispered back to you and you all put some food on your plates before you began to eat.

Her parents made some small talk with you during the meal. They asked you about your family, which you happily spoke to them about. They asked you about your job and your hobbies, listening to every word you said while Liz just stared between them and you, loving the bond you're already creating together.

When it was done, her mom said she had to clean up the dishes and you happily volunteered to help. She tried to tell you that you didn't have to but you wanted to and it only made Liz fall harder for you.

As she and her dad cleaned up, he gently elbowed her and she put everything in her hands down to look where he was looking - at you and her mom.

"You like her?" Liz asked.

She already knew the answer. She could see it in her father's eyes as well as her mom's. But still, she wanted to hear the words.

"We adore her. You did well. She's a keeper."

Liz grinned from ear to ear, her eyes lighting up, and the sight warmed her dads heart.

"I'm happy for you. Falling in love is a wonderful thing, isn't it?"

She nodded in agreement.

"I can tell already - you've got a bright future together. I know you're crazy for her, because you brought her to meet us, and you never shut up about her." He teased and she laughed happily. "But I get why. You're falling in love. You've got a great girl."

"I know. I'm so lucky." She said as she stared at you, watching as you dried the dishes as her mom washed them and you talked and laughed together. "It's been five months since we've gotten together. I love her. Is it too soon to say that?"

"No. I can see it in her eyes. She keeps looking at you when you look away. She loves you too."

Liz's heart fluttered and the smile on her face grew bigger and bigger.

"You're going to fall even more in love with her every day. Because I can see it - she's the one for you."

"I know it too." She said as she resumed helping her dad, only to jump when you snuck up behind her.

"Boo!"

"Oh, gosh, y/n!" She giggled and put everything down to turn around and give you a quick kiss on your temple and a hug too.

"We finished the dishes. Can I help here?"

"No, you've done more than enough, y/n. You and Liz go sit down in the living room, load up a movie, we'll join in just a minute."

You nodded and took Liz's hand into yours, walking into the living room together as her parents watched you both with smiles on their faces and a warm feeling in their hearts, knowing that Liz had found the one.