you're sick

"Y/n!" Liz yelled out as she took off her shoes, home after a few short hours of filming today. She's been a little worried about you. For some reason, you haven't answered your phone today. No calls back, no texts, nothing.

She tiptoed around the house and stumbled into the living room. Her eyes fell on your sleeping figure. You were sound asleep. Liz planned on just coming over to you to tuck you in because the blanket you were covered up with was kicked off of your feet, but when she was standing in front of you she noticed something.

You were shivering. Your skin looked sweaty and when she put her hand on your shoulder she could feel how warm you felt. She snuck her hand around and pressed it against her forehead.

She went upstairs and grabbed the thermometer before coming back down and kneeling in front of you. She placed it under your tongue causing your eyes to open. You looked dazed and miserable. "Hey, baby. Sorry to wake you. I'm just checking your temperature. You feel warm."

You weakly nodded and threw your head back against the throw pillow with a tired sigh. The thermometer beeped a moment later and Liz looked at the numbers on it. "101. You've definitely got a fever." She pushed a strand of hair behind your ear. "Are you feeling sick, y/n? Be honest with me."

You nodded without even hesitating because truth be told you haven't felt this miserable in a long while. "I feel awful, Liz. My throat hurts so bad and I can't really move." You coughed into your elbow a few times. "And my chest hurts a little."

She tugged her bottom lip between her teeth, hating to see you like this. "Okay. Have you taken any medicine?" You shook your head weakly. "I'm too tired and too sore to move."

"Okay. I'll go get you some, you just lay here." She watched as you shivered. Your shoulders shook and you tried to rub your arms to warm yourself up. Liz grabbed the blanket at your feet and wrapped you up tight in it. "Are you still cold? Do you need another blanket?"

"Yeah."

She kissed your cheek. "Okay. I'll get you another one." She said and then went upstairs. She grabbed a few things; a pillow, another blanket for you, some medicine to help with your fever, and a warmer shirt in case you got too cold.

She grabbed a bottle of water from the kitchen and then went back to you. You looked like you had fallen back asleep. She didn't wanna wake you, especially not when you felt this terrible. But you really did need the medicine for your fever.

She stroked your warm cheek till you opened your eyes. "Here, baby. I got you something to help with your fever." You sat up with her help and while you swallowed the pills and sipped on the cold water she took the opportunity to take the throw pillow out from behind you and replace it with a much fluffier one from the bedroom that she grabbed.

When you laid back down you let out a contentful hum. She placed the blanket over you and looked at the tv. "You want me to turn something on for you?" You nodded. "Turn on whatever. I don't really mind."

Liz turned on something random on Netflix and looked back to find you had closed your eyes again. "I love you, my sweet girl. Do you need anything else?" You shook your head. "Okay. I'm gonna go make you some soup. I'll wake you in a bit. Just rest until then. If you need anything, I won't be far."

You weakly nodded, barely moving your head just enough to let her know you heard her. She kissed your forehead softly and then went into the kitchen to give you some peace and quiet to rest while she made you some soup in hopes that it would help you feel even a little bit better.