you have an asthma attack

You enjoyed the warmth of the sun shining on your skin after three days of continuous rain. Your hand was wrapped in Liz's as you walked the path in the park, trying to soak up the sun as much as possible.

You watched the flowers in the ground and the branches on the trees sway when the wind blew. You loved the happiness and passion flowing from your girlfriend's voice as she talked about the new project she was gonna start on soon.

Everything seemed perfect. Not a care in the world; nothing could bring you down.

Or, so you thought.

Because soon enough you heard voices coming from behind you. Liz turned around first and her eyes went wide and fearful when she saw the paparazzi trailing behind you. "Ugh, not again." She groaned and tightened her grip on your hand. "Come on, baby. Let's go a little faster."

Not really giving her idea much thought, you just nodded and walked faster along with her. But it was too fast. You could feel the tightness in your chest and you could feel the breath leaving your lungs.

"Wait!"

Liz stopped when your hand slipped from hers. Her heart dropped when she heard you wheezing and she saw you fall onto the ground. You were struggling to get the backpack on your shoulders off as your hands trembled from the fear coursing through you.

She was on her knees in front of you in a heartbeat. "Here, baby. Let me get it." She murmured as she slid it from your shoulders and unzipped it. She poured everything onto the ground and looked for the inhaler. "I got it! I found it!"

Her own hands were shaking slightly as she yanked the cap off and put it between your lips. "Breathe slow," she instructed as she gave you one puff. She gave you one more and watched as you held your breath for a few seconds to allow for it to go deep into your lungs.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly as she laid her hand on your shoulder, moving it soft and slow, comfortingly.

"I'm okay." You mumbled. Your hands felt a little shaky still but you could breathe again and that was most important.

"Wanna go home?"

You tugged your lip between your teeth. You didn't want the day to end! It was the first nice one in days. But, you knew that you needed to relax for a few minutes. So you nodded, feeling relieved when Liz kissed your forehead and told you that it was okay.

"There's always later on and tomorrow, even. We can go out then. What matters most is your health." She tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and collected your things from the ground before wrapping her arm around your waist to get you back to the car, safe and slow.