kissing in the rain

"Did you have fun today?" Liz smiled as you began your walk back to your shared home.

The sky was grey but the happiness you've felt hasn't diminished at all today. You've spent every minute by her side so far and even though it's getting late in the evening now and the sun would probably begin to set by now, had it come out in the first place today, you're not feeling sad because you've had the most wonderful day with her.

She's spoiled you today, giving you all the love and cuddles you've wanted. You spent hours in bed today, simply holding each other close and watching good movies that you've been waiting impatiently to see together. She treated you to dinner and a little dessert and promised to keep the night ahead sweet with more cuddles and films, and you're looking forward to every minute of it.

"It's been the best day." You grinned at her, making her heart race in her chest. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you." She repeated with a sweet smile and bright eyes. "Hopefully it won't be too much longer until I have another day off, because I love spending time with you, my love."

You hoped for the same and continued your walk in comfortable silence. You swung your intertwined hands back and forth as you walked, feeling as happy as can be as she talked to you about all the fun projects she's got lined up.

As much as you miss spending so much time with her, it brought you so much happiness to be able to hear her talk about her passions and all the ways she gets to live out her dreams. Because she's the most talented, most beautiful girl in the world in your eyes, and you're happy for her.

Suddenly, she stopped speaking and froze on her feet. The loud crash of thunder off in the distance made you both jump.

"We should hurry home." She said and started to walk a little faster with you and as the thunder became louder and the storm that was obviously coming seemed to be getting closer, your walk eventually turned into a run.

But you couldn't outrun the storm.

Because just a couple of minutes after the thunder first crashed, the rain was pouring down.

Your clothes were soaked through and your shoes made squelching sounds with every step you took. You wanted to get home and go inside to warm up and cuddle with Liz, but it seemed like she wasn't in as much of a hurry as you.

You finally saw the house and you tried to run a little faster to get there quicker, only for Liz to pull you back as she stopped.

"Wait!"

You turned around at the sound of her voice, the one word that fell from her lips concerned you.

"Liz? Is everything okay?" You asked and, instead of giving you a verbal answer, she tugged at your hand to pull you closer.

She dropped your hand so she could wrap her arms around you. Her forehead fell against yours and you noticed the stars in her eyes as you gazed into them. She started to smile as she looked away from your eyes and down to your lips and you knew, by the way she licked her lips and the look in her eyes, that she wanted nothing more than to kiss you.

You looked up at the sky. A few raindrops fell to your forehead when you did. The rain was continuing to pour down and your chest filled with butterflies over the thought of sharing a kiss with your favorite girl in the pouring rain; something so sweet and so romantic that you've never done before.

You turned back to her and without any hesitation, you pushed your lips onto hers for a sweet kiss.

It took her by surprise for a second, because she thought she'd be the one to initiate the sweet kiss. But she was putty in your hands, melting into you and the sweet taste of your lips right away; like she always does.

Her hands moved from the small of your back and to your hips. She gave them a squeeze and moved her lips perfectly against your own as sparks flew everywhere around the both of you. Even though you've been together for months now, her heart still skips a beat when you kiss her. It's always so perfect; just like you.

"I love you so much." She whispered against your lips, slowly pulling away with a smile on her face.

She kept you close to her, refusing to let go just yet. Her lips stayed close to yours, brushing lightly against your soft ones, so close that she could feel your warm breath fan against them.

"I love you too." You smiled and pecked her lips a few times, making her giggle happily and let go of your hips to wrap her arms around you instead so she could pull you even closer.

"I've been wanting to do that with you for so long now. I've dreamt about it and yet, you made it even better than I ever thought it could be," she paused, smiling as she leaned in for another kiss. "Which says a lot, by the way."

You giggled and looped your arms around her neck as she pulled you in for another kiss. And then another, and another, and so forth, until you were breathless and cold from the pouring rain and the wind that was starting to blow.

"Okay, let's go inside now. I'll grab us some blankets and you can wear my hoodie too while we cuddle."

You couldn't help but smile and then steal one more kiss from her lips as your heart swelled with love for her.

You put your head down on her shoulder and walked up the steps, entering your warm shared home to cuddle for the remainder of your wonderful evening ahead.