Chaprer 2: Dragon Rescue

HICCUPS POV.
3 years later
(Hiccup is wearing his outfit from the beginning HTTYD 2 but it's slightly more advanced and has Night Fury scales covering it. He has two feet.)

Hiccup and Toothless were perched on top of one of the massive stone statues in the waters in front of Berk. The only thing keeping them concealed was the night sky. Hiccup peered through his spy glass down at the arena. It felt like yesterday that he was there training with Gobber and the others.

He often wondered what his old training partners were up to these days. They had probably all moved on and had lives, maybe they were all married. It was unlikely though, Especially for the twins. The thought made him laugh. He re-focused on the reason he was here and looked closer to the entrance of the arena.

The guards were gone for the night, this was his opportunity. "Let's go bud." He said to Toothless and he flew down to the arena entrance. This was the first time he's been in Berk since he left. He'd regularly fly over at night but he would never go in. He dismounted and quietly and quickly took out the metal pole that held the arena door closed.

He placed it quietly on the ground and lifted the gate just enough for him and Toothless to sneak through. Hiccup walked along the edge of the wall over to the cages. He unlocked the cages one by one letting all the captive dragons loose. There were two groncles in the first two and he moved onto the third and final cage.

He opened it and a deadly natter bursted out nocking Hiccup onto the floor. The natter made a series of roars as it ran around the arena looking for an exit. "Shh, you have to be quite." He said walking in front of the natter stopping it. The natter raised its tail and unfolded all its sharp and deadly spines. Hiccup lifted up his mask to the natter. "Shh, it's ok. You don't need to be scared.

I'm gonna get you some place safe. He extended his hand out to the dragon and slowly placed it near its nose. "The dragons are loose!" Hiccup put his helmet back on and looked to the origins of the voice. It was Astrid. She was standing out side the chain dome staring at him. "Toothless!" He called and mounted up and took to the air. He whistled and all the dragons took off.

Over the years he had learned that it you whistle in the right way any dragon, tamed or not will take to the air. Astrid jumped into the arena and charged towards them even though they were a good 20 feet above her. "Ok no time to go back from where we came. Toothless plasma blast!" Toothless blasted open the roof of the dome and flew out tailed by the other dragons.