Chapter 8: Mending the Rider

(Authors Note)
Whenever words are written like this * something, something, something.*that's Goathy writing and whoever's POV. it is they are reading it in there head. Ok enjoy the chapter!-Samuel Scutter

ASTRIDS POV.

"No please." The Night Riders voice was hoarse and was muffled by his helmet. "Please don't hurt Toothless, please d-." The Night Riders head dropped to the ground and through the slits of his helmet she could see his eyelids shut.

Stoick shook the mans hand off his foot. For a moment it looked like he was about kill the unconscious man, but he didn't. "Gobber take this man to Goathy's. Astrid you go with him." He walked over to the Night Fury that was still on its side unconscious.

"It's left tail fin is gone." Astrid said kneeling down beside the dragon. Under closer inspection you could see that it's left tail fin was made of leather and small metal rods and that it had been painted black. There were cords that led up the dragons tail up to a black saddle.

There were two places on either side of the dragon for his feet to clip in. Stoick walked up to the dragons head and raised his axe. "No wait! You can't kill it!" It was Fishlegs. He clasped his hands over his mouth. Stoicks eyes burned into the large Viking.

Stoick must be furious for another person stopping him from killing his target. "He wo-won't help us if we kill his d-dragon. He begged you to spare it." The Viking stuttered directing his eyes away from his chief. Stoick glanced back at the dragon. "Chain it and take it to the cages! And muzzle it before it kills us all!" He said storming off. "And put out these fires!"

Gobber walked up beside Astrid with the Night Rider slung over his shoulder. "Come on lassy, let's take this man to Goathy's before Stoick tries to behead us all." The man walked off in the direction of Goathy's hut with the man. She looked at the Night Fury as Spitlout and about thirty other Vikings chained it to a cart.

"Astrid! Stop your dilly dallying and come here." Gobber yelled as he began to walk up the stairs to Goathy's hut. At the top of the stairs on the large wood platform the old healer ushered them inside. *Place the boy over on the bed.* She quickly scribbled into a small box of sand in the room.

Gobber followed the woman's orders. She brushed away her previous message away with her foot and wrote a new one. *Leave Gobber, your hands are to big to help.* "Ey don't have to be so bossy you old-." Goathy cut him off by waking him with her staff.

Goathy walked over to the Night Rider and unfastened his chest plate. He wore a black tunic under it that was stained with blood. Goathy lifted up the tunic and what Astrid saw took her breath away.

The impact of the crash must have punched a whole in the armor slicing his abdomen. But that's not what drew her attention. What drew her attention were the scars. Dozens of scars across his abs and down his arms . He didn't look like the guy who would be this in shape but he was.

Goathy placed a wad of bandages in Astrids hands and placed them against the wound. Goathy opened a wooden box and looked through it. She spun around and walked out of the hut. Astrid continued to keep pressure on the wound until she glanced at the mans mask.

She leaned over the man and looked through the slits of his mask. She couldn't tell much about his except that he was pale. She looked back at the door to see if Goathy would come in and after she didn't she placed her fingers under the bottom of the mask.

Astrid could feel a small amount of stubble on the mans chin and how soft his skin was. She began to pull off the helmet when Goathy's staff hit away her hand. "Ow!" Astrid said clutching her hand. She walked in carrying a crate. She hobbled over the table and placed the box down.

*His identity is not our secret to know.* She wrote in the sand before opening the crate and and begging to grind to herbs together. Astrid looked back at the man. His mask had been lifted up about an inch exposing his chin. On the left he had a small scar. She looked back through her memory.

She'd seen it somewhere. But where had she was the question.

(Authors Note 2)
I really hope this made sense to everyone. If it didn't please leave a comment where it didn't make sense and I'll explain it in another authors note.-Samuel Scutter