Chapter 7: Shot Down

HICCUPS POV.

Hiccups head thumped in sync with his heart rate. There were a few voices but he couldn't identify them. "By Thor..." It was his dad. Hiccup slowly peeled open his eyes. His vision was cloudy but through the narrow slits of his helmet he could see his father.

His father looked almost identical to when he had left. Like it was yesterday he had seen him. There were more grey hairs in his beard but other than that, he was the same. Astrid stood beside him with his old bola thrower in front of her.

She looked different, more grown up. She was beautiful, but when her eyes met his through the slits of his mask. He could see that she had no affection for him. It was now when Hiccup finally noticed how badly his body hurt.

Beside the constant pounding in his head his left leg had a piercing pain in it. But by far the worst pain was in his abdomen. Hiccup raised his head to look down at his abdomen which made Vikings from the audience back up in fear of him.

Hiccup moved his hand away from the area of the pain and the black glove was coated in a thick layer of blood. The chest plate had a crack in it most likely from the impact. The crack had a steady stream of blood coming from it. "He's bleeding!" Fishlegs said from the crowd clearly stating the obvious.

Hiccup let his head fall down and his eyes shut, it was costing him to much energy to keep them open. His dad broke the silence. "I'll put an end to his suffering." He walked over to Hiccups side and raised his axe high above his head ready to bring it down onto his neck.

He brought the axe down but it was caught by someone. "What are you doing Gobber? He allied himself with them, he should be treated no differently!" Hiccup opened his eyes to see what was transpiring.

His fathers axe head was about two feet away from his throat, still trying to be forced towards it but being stopped by Gobbers hook. "I know what I said Stoick but..." The iron mason looked down at Hiccup. "He's just a lad, he can't be more than nineteen."

It was at this moment that the father and son both made eye contact. A son looking at his father, and a father looking at a man in a mask. Stoick stopped pressing his axe towards Hiccups throat and stepped back. "What do you suggest we do with him?"

Stoick asked, his tone more gentle then when he had tried to kill him, but no where near kind. "Have Goathy help him, then we throw him in a cage. He can control dragons. With him we'll never be raided again." Stoick pondered the suggestion for a moment.

'Control dragons, I can't control dragons.' Hiccup wondered to himself. "And what of the dragon?" The chief asked eying the beast that laid next to Hiccup. If took Gobber no time to answer. "We kill the beast." At the sound of the threat on his best friends life he gathered all his strength and grabbed his fathers foot.

His father looked down at him furious and looked like he was about to kill him. Hiccup spoke softly his voice muffled by his mask. "No please." His voice was hoarse and it hurt speak. "Please don't hurt Toothless, please d-." But he lost all his energy that moment and his body relaxed and everything faded to black.

(Authors Note)
Hello everyone sorry for the short chapter but I had only a little time to write it. It really hope you enjoyed it though. -Samuel Scutter