Chapter 11: Firestorm

HICCUPS POV.

Hiccup listened to the chaos that was taking place in Berk. There was the sounds of dragons and people in a deadly war but by the sound of the screams the dragons that had come from his home where wining. "Why wouldn't that fool just listen to me!"

He said angrily thinking about his father because he had not released him and avoided all the chaos and death that was happening right outside the thin walls of the hut. There was the sound of flapping wings and the left side of the hut burst into flames from a magnesium blast.

The hot magnesium blast had instantly engulfed the roof in flames and it was quickly spreading to the rest of the hut. "Help me!" Hiccup called out in desperation as the fire continued to spread. Astrid suddenly burst though the door that was just beginning to be engulfed in flames.

The sight of her made the feeling of helplessness dwindle but the feeling was short lived. "Your not hear to kill me are you?" Hiccup asked eyeing the Viking who had an axe gripped in her hands.

The girl avoided his question and moved towards the back of him where his hands where bound and with one swish of her axe cutting the ropes. Hiccup began to sit up but Astrid pushed her axe head to his throat and pressed him back down against the table.

She spoke aggressively into his ear. "If you even think about betraying us, or you can't help us I will send you to Valhalla myself." She waited a moment before releasing him making sure her threat registered with him.

Hiccup sat up quickly and grimaced in pain for the sudden movement to his injuries hurt. "What's taking you so long?" Astrid complain as Hiccup hobbled his way through the burning house slowed by his injuries. Astrid rolled her eyes and went up to him reluctantly throwing his arm over her shoulder helping him towards the exit.

On there way out Hiccups foot knocked over a basket and his cracked chest plate spilled out onto the floor. "Wait." He said as he leaned down to grab it and then continued out of the house. When they made it out Hiccup collapsed to the floor trying to fill his lungs with fresh air.

"We can't stay here this entire place is made of wood it will be gone in minutes!" She shouted pulling him to his feet and slinging his arm over her shoulder once more. As the pair walked down the stairs towards the ground Hiccup worked as fast as he could to put on his chest plate.

"I'm ok know. I can walk on my own." He barely finished his sentence when Astrid dropped his arm off her and walked a few feet in front of him. "Good to know you care." He said rolling his eyes as he fastened the final piece of his armor on.

Astrid turned around and looked him in the eye placing her pointer finger on his chests. He was taller than she was but right know it felt reversed. "I don't care!" She paused looking closer into his eyes. "Not about you anyway!" She continued down from Goathys hut at a quicker pace with Hiccup following close behind her.

Know that his armor had been fully equipped he was able to focus on the situation around him. When he had lived on Berk he had been through hundreds of dragon attacks but nothing close to what was unfolding in front of him.

Almost all the dragons that lived on his island where above Berk swooping down to attack or firing from above. Multiple houses were on fire and most of the residents were to busy fighting to even try to put out the fires. "Hey! Stop this!" Astrid commanded pulling him towards the chaos.

Hiccup tried to find the words, maybe to think up a plan but all the came out was "I don't think I can." Astrids axe was back at his throat in an instant. "Fix this or else I will-." But she never finished her sentence because she was snatched up by a Nadder.

"Help me! Help me!" She pleaded as she was carried off but her voice was soon overcome by the sound of the battle around him. "Astrid!" He called trying to run after her. But without Toothless it was a futile effort.

Hiccup knelt down and picked up her axe which she had dropped when she was picked up. 'Would that dragon hurt her? No dragons aren't like that, they only kill defending themselves or loved ones. Of course the only reason they had taken her was because she had been threatening him.'

He decided to leave his thoughts there and let his mind focus on the more current problem at hand. Dragons and Vikings were still battling, some to the death. 'How can I stop this?' He wondered. He tried waving and calling to passing dragons hoping one would see him and pick him up and the others would know and leave but since when were things so simple.

A dragon roar emerged from the cloud of dragons in the sky, it stopped all dragons and Vikings in there tracks, even the ones who were fighting. Hiccup gulped because he knew exactly what dragon had roared. It was Firestorm... a Titan Wing Monstrous Nightmare.

The dragon landed near the Great Hall and roared again. It easily loomed over the Vikings and dragons that had been brave enough not to run as it came on for its landing. Even among other Titan Wing Monstrous Nightmares Firestorm was colossal.

There were several moments of silence when the only sound came from beating dragon wings and the crackling of burning buildings. The tension was broken by a trio of Viking men who seemed to emerge from nowhere to challenge the beast.

Gobber, Spitelout and Hiccups father all stood in front of the beast brandishing there weapons. Gobber had a stone hammer, Stoick an axe and so did Spitlout. The three all had sheathed swords. His father said something but Hiccup couldn't hear him from his position.

The three suddenly through there weapons at the dragon but it didn't move, didn't try to make an attempt to dodge them. It just let the weapons hit it, slightly flinching at the feeling of them. Hiccup panicked. Firestorm was a gentle dragon even though he looked threatening.

But if anyone made the slightest move to try and hurt him. He would end them. As to illustrate his point Firestorm emitted a roar that shook the ground even beneath Hiccups feet. He broke off into a run, maybe he could reason with the dragon, if he even got there in time.

The three Vikings pulled their swords from there sheaths and this time when his father gave out his bone chilling battle cry as he charged Firestorm, the battle cry could be heard echoing around the whole village.

"No, no you'll only make it worse!" Hiccup shouted as he ran towards the attacking trio but he could not be heard. Firestorm barely had to move to dispose of Spitelout who with one flick of his tale was sent flying away. Gobber reached the beast first and tried attacking but the Titan Wing grabbed the mans hook in his mouth and tossed him away.

It was only Hiccups father left to face down Firestorm alone . Hiccup could only watch in horror from his position as he ran towards the two as Firestorms mouth opened and began to be illuminated from fire building up in his throat.

"Finish it beast." His father said gripping his sword tightly in his hand. As the first flames left the Titan Wings mouth Hiccup reached his father and ran into the burly Viking with all his strength pushing the man out of the way of the fire.

Running into the man had taken away all his momentum and know he was left in Firestorms blast. He covered the slits in his helmet to prevent himself from getting burned.

His armor which was comprised of Night Fury scales was completely fire proof so he was left in an inferno of fire. Boiling him alive inside his armor.