What Happened Last Night?

Chapter 17

Josh's POV.

I woke up with Kathy laying right here, in my arms! Her face was planted into my chest, and I was confused. What the hell happened last night? I was scared, but I didn't move , I didn't want to wake her. Then I realized how fast my heart was beating. Everything that happened last night was coming back slapping me in my face. Shit ! I had sex with my bestfriend, or my- , umm. I jumped up, without waking Kathy and ran into the bathroom with my phone. My hands were shaky as I dialed Laney's number.

"Hello." she picked up after the second ring.

"Uh- um, - "

"What's your problem?"

"I- I- I-," I couldn't get my words straight.

"You?" her voice was getting excited, and she was laughing at me. Condiering I've never ever been this nervous, about anything in my life.

"I slept with my bestfriend. . . " my voice was low, and almost in a whisper.

"YOU DID WHAT!" Her voice scremed through the phone hurting my ear.

"I don't know! I don't know what happened!"

"Hmm."

"Laney! You know I don't like when you say that!" I huffed. "What does that even mean?"

"I'm just saying this, this could be a good thing and it could be a big mistake." I heard a knock on door, and Kathy sounded sick. "I have to go."

"Bye" Laney laughed through the phone.

I opened the door to her standing there only in her pink boxers and a t-shirt. "Uhh, Goodmorning. . ." I said nervously.

"Goodmorning."

"Um, Kathy-" I was cut off by a jumping Kathy.

"Yeah Josh, we can talk later, I really have to pee." I laughed and realized I was standing in front of the bathroom door. I moved and she ran into the bathroom. I put on a t-shirt and some gym shorts. I headed downstairs, and grabbed my keys. I was leaving without warning, so I just texted her phone to avoid running upstairs. I needed to think, alone, first of all. And I was hungry. I needed to think about what just happened.

Kathy's POV.

I looked in the mirror, and I had a little smile on my face. But then again I was scared, what if this was a mistake. What if he just wanted a one night stand. But Josh was my bestfriend, what could this possibly mean? I was confused, So I got my phone to see that Josh had texted me: 'Brb, Going to get breakfast.'' Then I called Laney.

"Hey. I just want to sleep!"

"It's 10:45! Wake up. I need to talk to you." I sat down on Josh's bed, and listened to Laney get her self together.

"Okay, Whats up chick?"

"I did something last night , and I don't know if it was the right thing to do. I need advice."

"Everyone comes to Laney for advice huh? Well how about you guys talk about what happened."

"That's gonna be awkward."

"So! It'll be the best thing to do." I grunted through the phone.

"Ok, i'll try."

"That's great so how-" I cut her off .

"Nu-uh!" She was laughing at me.

"I don't wanna know anyway." I heard him coming through the door "Bye Laney."

"Bye my little freak." She joked.

He came running through his door diving on his bed like a big kid. "Hungry?"

"Yes." He grabbed my hand, and dragged me downstairs. When we sat at the table, he just sat there staring at me with a stupid grin on his face.

"What's your problem?"

"We can't avoid what happened."

"I know."

"Remember what I said?"

"What?"

"It's not awkward unless you make it." I sighed and turned around to face him.

"How is this not going to be awkward." He shrugged, and stuffed a pancake in his mouth.

"Well , we just talk I guess."

"Okay, since it's that simple. What for you remember from night? "

"Well, I remember how beautiful you were in your dress. How you forced me to dance with you all night. Oh! How we couldn't get in touch with Laney, so we came to my house, had a couple drinks, and talked. Until, well we did what we did." Surprisingly, this conversation wasn't awkward at all. "And I know you remember it all, so I'm not going to ask. " He was right I did remember everything that happened.

"Do you regret it ?"

"I thought I did this morning, when I seen you in my arms, I panicked. Then, when I got fresh air, I realize I don't, and will not ever regret anything that happened last night. Because, weren't at all drunk."

"So . . . "

"So I realized," his face turned shy.

"I realized, I did have feelings for you. I didn't know that that day in the library. And last night , changed things. I love you Kathy. " The words came I'm shock. My bestfriend loves me. The exact same way I love him. He pulled me over into his lap and grabbed my hand.

"Promise me something?" he said.

My head was still laying on his shoulder.

"And what is that?"

"You love me to. "

"Josh Bates . . . I love you too. " And that was true.